PDA

View Full Version : Partial Movement

shadd
September 24th, 2016, 14:50
Hi guys, I'm wondering if I'm missing an easy way to deal with partial moves in the combat tracker, in particular with attacking. For example let's say a player has a move of 55, but only wants to move 15 up to a monster, then attack. That's 15/55 ~= 27.27272727...% activity, so 72.72727272...% left to attack. He can then only use 72.727272...% of his OB. Assuming this is a correct understanding of the rules, I can't figure out how any of this can be automated in the combat tracker. I ran through a combat the other day and found myself doing a lot of math outside of FG and typing in values by hand. This doesn't feel right for a program that does such a great job at automating nearly everything else. Am I missing something here?

Andraax
September 24th, 2016, 16:09
Been a while since I used the Rolemaster ruleset, but there is a spot in the CT to enter the distance moved, and it allows you to roll on the MM table (if needed) and calculates the % activity for that move.

shadd
September 24th, 2016, 17:13
Ah, thanks, I see that now. That helps with the calculation, but is there any way to apply this to the OB? I tried double clicking on % Act, which does add a modifier, but it's just straight -27 in the example above, rather than -(0.27*OB).

New question: what is the little silver icon in the lower right of many of these fields in the combat tracker? I can't tell what it is, maybe a feather? It's on the name, PP Max, PP Cur, Hits, Damage, several others. I see it in a lot of places. Does it mean the field is linked to the character sheet maybe?

Andraax
September 24th, 2016, 18:20
The penalty to your OB is -1 per 1% of activity not used for melee. So, in this case, -27 is correct (RMSS: 23.4.4).

Yes, that is the "linked field" indicator.

shadd
September 25th, 2016, 04:00
Well that makes a lot more sense! Thanks.