PDA

View Full Version : Ultramodern5 Suggestions

Redemption77
September 24th, 2016, 02:29
So obviously Ultramodern5 from Dias Ex Machina works on the 5e system and is actually a really well done supplement, but are there any ideas how I can implement this into the 5e ruleset? How can I run this modern game with the 5e ruleset? I think the biggest and initial hurdle is the fact there really is no altering the character sheet so its impossible to change the skill names. I guess as I sit here and type this out thats really the only hurdle so suggestions would be welcomed with open arms and sloppy kisses

Trenloe
September 24th, 2016, 02:35
If you want to change any of the character sheet there will be some level of change to the 5E ruleset. To change skills is probably one of the simplest changes - there is a skilldata table in the 5E ruleset scripts\data_common.lua file - you can change this to reflect the skill list you want. Best to do it in an extension. Info on modifying a ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19033-Modifying-the-3-5e-PFRPG-ruleset This is for the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset, but is 95% relevant to 5E - just replace any occurrences of 3.5E or PFRPG with 5E.

Redemption77
September 24th, 2016, 02:48
Does it explain in that thread how to make extensions out of the changes because Im such an FG back end idiot. Im happy I got to parse to work

LordEntrails
September 24th, 2016, 06:46
Or, you can leave the default skills on the list and just have every player add the Ultramodern skills. Not ideal, but would get you up and running now rather than in a few weeks or months.

damned
September 24th, 2016, 13:27
Hey Redemption77 crack open just about any extension and see how they are put together... Trenloe has pointed you directly to the file that contains the data you want to replace with your extension.

LordEntrails
September 24th, 2016, 17:20
Redemption, there is an extension tutorial on www.fg-con.com that you can do just to get your feet wet. I think there are several others around as well. Walk through one of those just so you get a feel for what's going on. Then you can start to tackle this one and if you get stuck people around here are sure to help you out.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2016, 16:11
Try the attached extension UltraModern5.ext - copy it to your <FG App Data>\extensions directory and enable the "UltraModern5" extension in a 5E campaign.

This simply adds the 4 new skills: Computer Use, Demolitions, Engineering and Sciences.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15468

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2016, 18:28
And Trenloe to the fore once again.

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2016, 18:58
Nice work Trenloe.

azamboni
February 2nd, 2019, 07:54
Hi guys!
I've tried the extension and is working great!
Just one thing isn't working properly...when I click on the link for the ability description, it returns me this error:

"Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules."

Now, I have a custom module where I had defined the new skills, formatted as all other abilities...how can I "reference" the links of the skills to my custom module?

Many thanks for the great work!

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2019, 11:11
See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42217-Custom-skills