PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Savage Worlds Themes to 3.2

Doswelk
September 22nd, 2016, 23:54
So I have started the upgrade process to get all the extra icons ready for 3.2

I have "finished" 50 fathoms (again). I say again as I had already finished it once then they added MORE icons, oh well... :P

Talyn
September 23rd, 2016, 00:06
I vote you make a YouTube tutorial on how you make your graphics! :p

Moon Wizard
September 23rd, 2016, 01:02
Yeah, I'm envious of your interface graphic design skills. I'm so 8-bit retro in my graphics. ;)

JPG

Doswelk
September 23rd, 2016, 08:50
Yeah, I'm envious of your interface graphic design skills. I'm so 8-bit retro in my graphics. ;)
JPG

I vote you make a YouTube tutorial on how you make your graphics! :p
I have to be honest it was a huge surprise to me when I first tried this and it looked okay!

I cannot draw to save my life, fortunately I get to "cheat" here all I do is use Photoshop to carve up the graphics from the PDFs and re-use the same psd files I created again and again!

Will start on HOE (again) tonight to add the extra graphics in...

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2016, 13:49
https://i.imgur.com/S7zWJ2K.png

Talyn
September 23rd, 2016, 15:51
Will start on HOE (again) tonight to add the extra graphics in...

I thought the rule was BRO before HOE? :p (sorry, couldn't resist)

Doswelk
September 23rd, 2016, 19:40
Hell on Earth is done...

as is Hellfrost...

15452 - since I took this picture I fixed Personalities as it was lower than all the other labels.

Land of Fire next...

damned
September 24th, 2016, 00:41
I thought the rule was BRO before HOE? :p (sorry, couldn't resist)

In your teens and twenties...
But if you value your health, wealth and sanity it soon changes...

Doswelk
September 24th, 2016, 18:19
Land of Fire is done...

Interface Zero is done...

Rippers is next...

Doswelk
September 25th, 2016, 19:25

as is Rippers Resurrected...

Talyn
September 26th, 2016, 01:31
I'm beginning to suspect which one is being a sore spot LOL :p

Doswelk
September 30th, 2016, 20:46
Slipstream complete...

phantomwhale
October 4th, 2016, 14:16
Starting to wonder if the base SW buttons shouldn't undergo a simialr redesign. I mean, I like the card style of it, but once we get up to 20+ sidebar buttons (Ok, not all usually displayed at once) I'm not sure that style "scales"...

Mask_of_winter
October 4th, 2016, 14:24
Starting to wonder if the base SW buttons shouldn't undergo a simialr redesign. I mean, I like the card style of it, but once we get up to 20+ sidebar buttons (Ok, not all usually displayed at once) I'm not sure that style "scales"...
If you ask me. This ruleset has been in need of a Deluxe theme for about 5 years.
I started on one but having a hard time with the background right now. Buttons are red like the headers in the Deluxe book with white Haettenscheiler font. Frames are white with red borders. Very simple but modern.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2016, 17:23
FYI, I pushed Kevin's updates into the v3.2.0 beta last night.

Cheers,
JPG

Talyn
October 4th, 2016, 18:56
If you ask me. This ruleset has been in need of a Deluxe theme for about 5 years.

+1000

phantomwhale
October 5th, 2016, 03:33
Heh, well happy to try and collaborate on one, or even accept contributions !

My photoshop skills are still pretty scratchy, so I'll confess the task of creating a whole new skin for the ruleset is a daunting one right now (esp. when there are so many code things to get done just to stay up with CoreRPG)

Doswelk
October 5th, 2016, 06:47
Heh, well happy to try and collaborate on one, or even accept contributions !

My photoshop skills are still pretty scratchy, so I'll confess the task of creating a whole new skin for the ruleset is a daunting one right now (esp. when there are so many code things to get done just to stay up with CoreRPG)
I'll dig out my attempt at a deluxe theme and tidy it up...