PDA

View Full Version : Player looking to learn through play

Dugahst
September 22nd, 2016, 13:52
New to fg and looking to learn the player side through a 5e one shot or a couple of sessions.

Available time is limited to Tuesday's before 4pm.

Thanks!

Edit: whoops forgot time zone! That would be EST.

Kitilark
September 22nd, 2016, 14:18
Need a tiny bit more info, if we are to be able to help. Time Zone is a Must!
I am currently in the test phase of a one-shot that I hope to run multiple times, but I would not know when before 4pm is for you. You will also want to cruise this forum and check out all the great learning tools, - yes I know, doing is a very effective way of learning, but it can't hurt to watch a little and who knows you might pick up a few things.... This resent newbie sure has.
Kitty
P.S. you will likely see a post or two from some very experienced members, please take their advice.

Dugahst
September 22nd, 2016, 14:35
Ya I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials and think I have a handle on it, but want to play a bit before running my own games.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2016, 15:55
Hope you get into a game to see how it all plays out.

If you haven't discovered yet, you can start another instance of FG on the same computer and "Join Game" with a host address of localhost This allows you to see what players see. I found it invaluable when I was learning FG - I even did this for the first few games I ran so I could see exactly what the players were seeing as I shared maps, used the map mask, what was on the combat tracker, etc..

Dugahst
September 22nd, 2016, 16:03
Ya I've seen that in a tutorial but haven't tried it yet.

In truth I want to learn but I also want to play haha :D Which is why I posted this thread.

Grayfigure
September 22nd, 2016, 17:07
If you haven't yet, also look at the game calendar they have, Dug. its a great way to look forward and see if anyone of them's on the horizon. The links for the games on the calendar will usually have a sign up link for the game, and a link to the web post about the game. I don't know about Tuesdays, but the Calendar helped me find two games to join (The first one I had to drop though, my time schedule for rl changed and I had to back out :/ ).

Kefcos
September 22nd, 2016, 18:58
New to fg and looking to learn the player side through a 5e one shot or a couple of sessions.

Available time is limited to Tuesday's before 4pm.

Thanks!

Edit: whoops forgot time zone! That would be EST.

Hello,

I see that you are interested in learning how to play through experiencing gameplay,
I would like to invite you to take a look at a series of events that I will be holding on
Sundays 10am my time (EST/EDT) Please check into the following link for more information
on the setup. All characters will be pre-generated by me, however if you would like lessons
on character creation, I am available to aid in this as well, however, it will have to be after
my event on Sundays.

The link to the events can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34129-Kefcos-Realm-of-Short-Horrors-10-00-am-(EDT-4-5-GMT)