PDA

View Full Version : GlobalRegistry.lua - Error (13): Permission denied

PhilFischer
September 21st, 2016, 16:19
Getting the error:

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Users/Phil/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/Users/Phil/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Any suggestions of how to resolve?

PhilFischer
September 21st, 2016, 16:33

I am logged in as myself but sometimes it seems like Windows10 doesn't recognize that I'm an admin.
The base folder didn't have everyone like the file did so I added it and it still didn't work.

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2016, 17:06
You may have to make sure that the permissions for the folder are propagated to all the files in the folder as well. The files might have been created before you updated the folder permissions.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 17:55
Rename the file and let FG recreate it when you next exit from a campaign. Then look in the old (renamed) file and see if there are any options you want to copy over into the newly created file.

PhilFischer
September 21st, 2016, 19:54
Rename the file and let FG recreate it when you next exit from a campaign. Then look in the old (renamed) file and see if there are any options you want to copy over into the newly created file.

Thanks, worked great.