PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E campaign Lvl 1, Ultimate License, Elemental Evil or homebrew The Bards Tale

HavocSmurf
September 21st, 2016, 00:57
Looking to host a 5E campaign. I'm an ultimate licence holder so anyone can join. Looking for 4-6 players. I'm a DM with 30 years experience and I've been using FG's for the past year.
We can play the Elemental Evil campaign which I've purchased, or if the players like, I have created my own campaign based on one of my all time favorite RPG games, The Bards Tale.
Looking to play bi-weekly ( once every two weeks) either a Sunday evening or mid week night Tue Wed or Thur. Pacific Standard Time (north america west coast) start time between 6-7pm till about 10pm, time allowing

I haven't hosted a public game through the forums boards so I'm open for tips and suggestions. I have posted this game on the game calendar under Havocs 5E LVL1, Elemental Evil or Homebrew The Bards Tale

Once I have some players lined up we can get into specifics about the game night and server ID. I have purchased Players Handbook, DM Guide and Monster Manual so these resources will be available to players joining the game.

Hope to hear from prospective players soon. I'd like to get started in the next 2-4 weeks.

Raunalyn
September 21st, 2016, 01:27
I would be more than willing to join. I've been playing since the early 80's, and it's difficult for me to find others who are willing to run. Sunday evenings are good for me as long as we don't go past 10pm CST (8pm PST).

Jester Jade
September 21st, 2016, 01:56
I would love to join as well. I bought fantasy grounds awhile ago, but havent gotten around to playing with a group. would love to start!

Eleraan
September 21st, 2016, 02:24
I'd be interested. Let me know what information you need.

HavocSmurf
September 21st, 2016, 02:54
Thanks for the interest Raunalyn, but I think 8pm PST is a little too early for me. I'm assuming a 6-7PM PST start and I woule like to play for approx 3 hrs a session.

HavocSmurf
September 21st, 2016, 02:58
I don't need a lot of info really. I'm assuming that you will build from the players handbook with the standard array. If you want to do something different, let me know. I'll send out contact requests to you if you are interested in playing.

Fatherdeath
September 21st, 2016, 03:54
Im interested in a Sunday night running could possibly swing Thursday if you started at 7pm that would put it 10est but might run a few min late if my son has an away game that week... sometimes they dont get back till close to 10pm est

KhyasTV
September 21st, 2016, 08:09
I would be game for a game.Sunday or thursday are great for me. Im central time so that's not an issue either. My only problem is i'm brand new to FG, and the magic it posses alludes me thus far. I have yet to play any here. I'm about 650 hrs into roll20 and decided to come on over and give the other half a look see. I have been playing D&D since 1983 and am really enjoying the 5E rules. I have hard copies of the PHB,DM guide, and the Monster Manual. I am looking to play a long term game and when I join a game I plan around it as much as possible. I know it is only a game, and that life does get in the way sometomes, so I do all I can so as to not waste the DM and other players time waiting on me to show, or cancelling at the last minute. Respect should never end to the words 'It is just a game."

Eleraan
September 21st, 2016, 08:11
I'm definitely in for when ever it happens. I'm CST and a night owl so later times don't matter to me. Let me know when, I'm part of a Bi-weekly on Fridays other wise free

Khyas, You will love FG once you get to know it. It greatly simplifies things and let you spend more time on the best parts.

KhyasTV
September 21st, 2016, 08:13
best parts? like putting your finger in the holes of those you just killed?

Odin
September 21st, 2016, 08:43
I would be interested. Time of 6-7 pst is great, but would need it ti be Tues or Wed due to work. I have been itching to play my first ever druid.

Jester Jade
September 21st, 2016, 11:25
Hey havocmurf I also have a ultimate license so if you need any help let me know. I have all the source books but the latest so let me know if I can help out.

Harkenn
September 21st, 2016, 15:07
Been playing for several years now, have experience mostly in 3.5 and 4e FR. I've played a handful of sessions for 5e and am looking for a regular group to join either on here or R20. I'm available most weekday evenings as I'm a night owl.

Zilimar
September 21st, 2016, 20:47
I'm interested in joining as well however I am restricted to a game during the week (any day) if that works. I have years of experience (started in the late 70s with D&D).

Mr. Phoenix
September 22nd, 2016, 00:24
not sure if any slots are still open, but i would love to join in on this game. let me know what i need to do to join.

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 01:02
You are going to love FG's. I started off with Roll20 also and it was a great system, but I came over because I love the drag and drop from the official books. Makes my life so much easier than having to build everything.

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 01:03
Ok, so far we have Jester Jade, Eleraan, Fatherdeath and KhyasTV willing to commit to biweekly at say 7PM PST, sundays seems to be shaping up to be the day. Now that we have a core of 4, do you prefer a smaller group or would you want another player or two in the party?

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 01:17
hey Odin. Sorry, looks like Tues Wed doesn't work for most, so I'm going to shoot for a Sunday evening session. If I get really ambitious, I might start a third group and I'll send you a message then.

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 01:19
I just noticed Mr Phoenix is interested also, so that brings the group to 5. I think I'm good with that. I'll start sending some messages out so we can start to co-ordinate.Cheers

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 02:04
I have just sent private messages to prospective players. Check your mail box, have a read and get back to me so I can determine if we have enough committed players to get started. If anyone drops out, I will send out more invites. Cheers!

Harkenn
September 22nd, 2016, 02:08
...I'm somewhat confused, was there something about my post that suggested I wasn't actually interested in playing? The times you listed in your original post would have worked fine for my schedule....

Droewa
September 22nd, 2016, 02:08
Oh this looks like fun. I have company right now so i cant get into great detail but i would love to get in on this campaign. Very flexable schedule.

KhyasTV
September 22nd, 2016, 02:34
5 players is good for me

Odin
September 22nd, 2016, 07:46
No worries, i understand. For sure, hit me up if you do another night. Thank you

Bohrier
September 22nd, 2016, 09:09
any spots left?

HavocSmurf
September 22nd, 2016, 23:40
For those following the thread, I have sent out invites to five players and have received 3 confirmations. I'll give it another couple of days and if spots are still open I'll send out more invites.

Just to confirm, I have decided upon a Sunday evening game, every other week, from 7pm-10pm pacific standard time. Start date to be decided.

If this works for you, put in a post and I will keep you in the back up roster for a second round of invites if needed.

Thank you everyone for your interest!

Bohrier
September 23rd, 2016, 00:16
Works for me!

stltodd
September 23rd, 2016, 02:10
Looks like you got quite a bit of interest, but if you find yourself needing another player, I can play pretty much any night, but would have to start at or after 8pm PST.