PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] D&D 5eText-Based Game Wednesdays (7-10 PM CDT)

GunnarGreybeard
September 20th, 2016, 22:35
Looks like we are going to be 1 short for the game tonight (Oct 5).

This is a weekly D&D 5e Wednesday night game, running about 2.5 - 3 hours. It was originally intended as a familiarization for new players to FG, D&D 5e or both but it looks like its becoming a regular campaign.

The general situation is: Basically, a Peonian Priest from Dunir has gone missing. He was in Sarkum for church matters and then was to set sail back to Dunir (where he is based to the North) the other day. He was scheduled to stop over in Hebon to meet with the local priest there but the ship never showed up. It's highly probable that the ship that was carrying him was overtaken by one of the frequent storms that hit off the southwestern coast near Herkely Island where there are dangerous reefs. The group is currently in Hebon and has been recruited/hired to sail out, back towards Sarkum and see if any trace can be found. You are currently sailing aboard the Blue Maiden under Captain Janylan of Lomada.

PLEASE NOTE AND BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING;

This is a human-centric (no human variant) game but all classes in the PHB are eligible for use.
STATS: Use Standard Array and assign.
Magic is Rare
We use the built-in TEXT chat of Fantasy Grounds, no voice.

If you are interested, please post here and upon request, although I may not be around the entire time, I can put the server up to allow you to connect and create your character. I have the Core Class Pack (PHB).

The Game Calendar Entry is here --> [D&D 5e] Wrecker's of the Coast (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2167)

GunnarGreybeard
September 21st, 2016, 02:28
Disregard, game is full again.

GunnarGreybeard
October 5th, 2016, 18:37
Bumping the thread as we have other opening, maybe 2. See the 1st post.

Eleraan
October 7th, 2016, 06:17
Do you still have two openings? Me and a Friend are looking for a weekly week night game.

GunnarGreybeard
October 7th, 2016, 07:43
Do you still have two openings? Me and a Friend are looking for a weekly week night game.
I do have openings for the text only game but it's being switched to a bi-weekly game instead of weekly. If you are still interested, we can take in 2 more. The calendar should be accessible for signing up.

Eleraan
October 7th, 2016, 08:12
I'll check. I know we were looking to join up a weekly one as we are already in a Bi-weekly one. I'll touch back with you after I talk to my friend. I do appreciate the offer to join though.

GunnarGreybeard
October 7th, 2016, 08:22
Sounds good, just let me know. The group is on the verge of completing a 'mission' probably this or next session. After that, I am open to the groups preferences, either continued homebrew or wrangling in an official WOTC adventure, so long as it fits and is not something I am currently playing in. Also, thinking about trying to convert some old AD&D stuff, giving it a homebrew tweak to fit the current world.

Eleraan
October 7th, 2016, 08:27
Nice. Home Brews can be some of the best adventures! I'll talk to them in the morning.

Eleraan
October 8th, 2016, 01:41
Hey. Just wanted to let you know we are going to have to pass on joining the campaign sadly. Wanted to let you know asap so you weren't waiting on us. GL and have fun adventuring!

GunnarGreybeard
October 8th, 2016, 05:26
Hey. Just wanted to let you know we are going to have to pass on joining the campaign sadly. Wanted to let you know asap so you weren't waiting on us. GL and have fun adventuring!
No worries Eleraan. Thanks for giving it the once over.

Vantier
October 11th, 2016, 23:06
I dropped a character in the Calendar, was wondering if you were still looking for a player?
I have some experience with 5e and FG but am no expert. I'm pretty open to character choice, but have a concept in mind.

GunnarGreybeard
October 12th, 2016, 00:00
Vantier, you should be 'approved' on the calendar now. Please read through the information in the announcements and the discussion thread.

GunnarGreybeard
October 12th, 2016, 14:57
Vantier, I have a game this AM and then the one tonight. If you have time anywhere between and want to upload your PC let me know and I'll arrange to have the server up.

Vantier
October 12th, 2016, 15:27
Vantier, I have a game this AM and then the one tonight. If you have time anywhere between and want to upload your PC let me know and I'll arrange to have the server up.

Same here. I should be free around 2pm pst. Whenever you're free let me know.

GunnarGreybeard
October 12th, 2016, 18:21
Vantier, server is up. I have to do some stuff so won't be around but go ahead and connect, and use my PHB if needed to make your character.

GunnarGreybeard
October 12th, 2016, 18:33
Vantier, my bad, got the times mixed up. I will have it up closer to the 2PM PST time.

Vantier
October 12th, 2016, 19:29
No worries, When you put it up, could you list the alias or ip in the calendar page? I believe you said it was changing?

GunnarGreybeard
October 12th, 2016, 19:44
Sure I can do that.

Tabarkus
October 13th, 2016, 14:53
Any openings still in this game?

GunnarGreybeard
October 13th, 2016, 15:25
Yes, there is and I went ahead and approved you on the calendar. Welcome aboard!

Tabarkus
October 13th, 2016, 16:12
Thanks, I look forward to trying the "chat only" concept. I would love to roll my stats as I think that makes for a more interesting character. Let me know when you might have time.

GunnarGreybeard
October 13th, 2016, 22:41
I work nights through the weekend and try to grab sleep along the day. If you have any time during the day, from 9AM-4PM I can arrange to put the server up for you. Would just need to know what day and time frame.

Tabarkus
October 13th, 2016, 22:54
Ha, I work weekend days 5:30 am to 8 pm; fri-sun and am off the remainder of the week...usually.

Vantier
October 14th, 2016, 05:12
Welcome to the group Tab xD

damned
October 15th, 2016, 02:53
Anyone in this group looking for a Chat/Text only session this weekend - https://www.fg-con.com/events/star-frontierssalvage/

GunnarGreybeard
November 24th, 2016, 03:31
Bumping this thread as we appear to have a few openings available starting this next week.

The following is posted in the beginning of the thread but I find it always helps to repost it as a reminder especially #4. . . .

This is a human-centric (no human variant) game but all classes in the PHB are eligible for use.
STATS: Use Standard Array and assign.
Magic is Rare
We use the built-in TEXT chat of Fantasy Grounds, no voice.

If you are interested, please post here and upon request, although I may not be around the entire time, I can put the server up to allow you to connect and create your character. I have the Core Class Pack (PHB).

The Game Calendar Entry is here --> [D&D 5e] Wrecker's of the Coast (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2167)

The calendar info is not fully updated for the last session BUT the party is currently hanging out in the village of Turmal on the Gemala Peninsula deciding what to get into next. Either continue operating against the pirates on behalf of the local lord, investigating the 'fishman things' or something else.

Gruber
November 24th, 2016, 22:15
Hey there! I am really interested in this game and the setting, although it is pretty much late for me (2-5 am local time). Could it be rescheduled for an hour or two earlier start? I understand this may be too much to ask for (for a potential freshmen), but if I could enroll i would be a regular and responsible player.
Thanks!

GunnarGreybeard
November 25th, 2016, 02:31
Hi Gruber. Thanks for the interest but we have been running the campaign at that time slot for several months now and it's pretty much set then now.

Gruber
November 25th, 2016, 06:09
Hi Gruber. Thanks for the interest but we have been running the campaign at that time slot for several months now and it's pretty much set then now.

Of course. I've found another one of your games and applied, so maybe there's some space. Thanks.

LindseyFan
November 25th, 2016, 16:54
You look a little short on clerics. Would you have room for one very eager healer?

GunnarGreybeard
November 25th, 2016, 19:05
You look a little short on clerics. Would you have room for one very eager healer?
The group does need a Cleric. Please note that Clerics in my world are tied to one of the available 10 major Deities from the Pantheon notes in the Game Calendar discussions.

LindseyFan
November 25th, 2016, 22:21
I will read all the notes and the group notes in detail, then propose domain and background to you. Thanks so much!

GunnarGreybeard
December 28th, 2016, 22:49
Bumping this thread as it appears I have room to work in one more regular player and while the campaign does not officially restart until next week (we kind of took most of this past month off) tonight will be a get your PC rolled up and get familiarized with the campaign/setting/format. That way you will be up to speed and ready to go full on next week. After character creation there will be some time to do some killing so it will not be all boring PC development stuff. ;-)

NOTE: The following is posted in the beginning of the thread but I find it always helps to repost it as a reminder, especially #4. . . .

1. This is a human-centric (no human variant) game but all classes in the PHB are eligible for use.
2. STATS: Use Standard Array and assign.
3. Magic is Rare.
4. We use the built-in TEXT chat of Fantasy Grounds, no voice.
5. I have the Core Class Pack (PHB).

If you are interested, please post in this thread AND the Game Calendar Entry is here --> [D&D 5e] Wrecker's of the Coast (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2167) which should be visible so I ask that you sign up there too.

spite
December 28th, 2016, 22:57
That calendar link is empty for me. Don't think it's visible to people not already signed up.

GunnarGreybeard
December 28th, 2016, 23:02
Yeah, sorry about that. I posted here before setting that page back to accepting players. :cry:

GunnarGreybeard
December 29th, 2016, 01:00
We're good for next week now. Calendar hidden again.