PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking for Good DM'S & Group

jorel1408
September 20th, 2016, 05:07
I just ordered my Players Handbook and as soon as I figure out what I need on here I'll by that stuff too. I'm brand new to the game so I'm looking for people to play with.
I'll have to do more research but I'm pretty sure I know the style of character I want to play. The way the basic rules explains it DandD is split into Social interaction, exploration, and combat. I want to play a character who excels at exploration and socializing and is support for combat mainly through information, resources, and situations set up through the Exploring and Socializing.
To do this I believe I want to run a Knowledge domain Cleric. With strong stats in wisdom and smart use of my spells I want to be able to assist my part by allowing us to never go into a situation blind.
For what I can tell the most vital part to me being able to do this would be a DM who is willing to work with me on this and create rewarding result for me and my team from this style of play. To this affect I'm mainly hoping a skilled DM will read this and invite me to play.
I also would need a team that would want to have that kind of character around.
I plan on playing once weekly to once monthly on either Saturday nights or Sunday mornings. My time zone it Eastern Standard. If you can help me please me so we can work things out.

Wisewind
September 20th, 2016, 06:46
Your best chance of finding a DM and game is to respond to post and listing from a DM, as a majority of the DM here dont look for players, they make a post and listing and players come to them (and generally those games fill up fast).
So poke your head into some threads around this forum, check posts about 2 weeks old as well.
It is Also important to know that while a good DM does alot for a game of D&D, the DM should not do all the work. The DM creates a world for the player, carves path for their players, but the players need to be the ones who walk the them.
And you can rarely sit around and wait for someone who requests the kind of character you Want to play, mostly all kinds of characters come together in a game, and depending on the DM, you may have to adjust your character to fit the story... But in most cases your character should work just fine.

Also keep in mind that when you apply to games, it can be good to mention wich days and what times you can play. And when you drop a time here on the forum, be sure to use a GMT timezone reference, it helps everyone :)

Well, I hope all this helps!
Welcome to the wonderful world of D&D :)

jorel1408
September 20th, 2016, 08:49
Thanks

Kefcos
September 22nd, 2016, 19:15
I just ordered my Players Handbook and as soon as I figure out what I need on here I'll by that stuff too. I'm brand new to the game so I'm looking for people to play with.
I'll have to do more research but I'm pretty sure I know the style of character I want to play. The way the basic rules explains it DandD is split into Social interaction, exploration, and combat. I want to play a character who excels at exploration and socializing and is support for combat mainly through information, resources, and situations set up through the Exploring and Socializing.
To do this I believe I want to run a Knowledge domain Cleric. With strong stats in wisdom and smart use of my spells I want to be able to assist my part by allowing us to never go into a situation blind.
For what I can tell the most vital part to me being able to do this would be a DM who is willing to work with me on this and create rewarding result for me and my team from this style of play. To this affect I'm mainly hoping a skilled DM will read this and invite me to play.
I also would need a team that would want to have that kind of character around.
I plan on playing once weekly to once monthly on either Saturday nights or Sunday mornings. My time zone it Eastern Standard. If you can help me please me so we can work things out.

Good Afternoon Jorel1408,

I am hosting a series of events (one shot campaigns) to assist with players coming back to the game after years
or new players getting acquainted with the game for the very first time. The events will be ran Sunday mornings
10:00am EST/EDT and will run 1-4 hours long, depending. I am also available for Q&A after session, as well as
some character generation assistance if needed. The events will all take place with pre-generated characters,
you will claim them and fill in the game, I will provide exports of character sheets to anyone who would like
to keep their character as-well so that you have a nice starting point jumping into any environment.

If that sounds intriguing to you please see my thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34129-Kefcos-Realm-of-Short-Horrors-10-00-am-(EDT-4-5-GMT)&p=290209#post290209