PDA

View Full Version : Wisewinds wednesday Wizardry (Dungeon and dragons), read first post. Ultimate licence

Wisewind
September 19th, 2016, 11:31
Ive been considering adding game running more old school dungeoncrawl type adventures (atleast to begin with) on wednesdays (my laundry day when I have to be at home) at around the times 14.30-17.00 (2.30pm-5pm) GMT +1 (sweden), with short breaks about every 50 min for me to run and put new laungry in the machine.

Some basic info (keep track of this as this will be updated over time):
Licence: DM is an ultimate licence holder, free demo users are welcome. Also has the D&D bundle material available.
System: 5e D&D
Setting: Homebrew
Voice/Text: It will be textbased using the fantasygrounds chat.
Time for play: Wednesdays 14.30-17.00 (2.30pm - 5pm) GMT +1 (sweden)
Max players: 6 (new players will get first dibs)
Alignment: No neutral evil or chaotic evil.
How to apply: Apply here in the forum, with a quick description of who you are, if you have roleplayed before and what kind of character you have in mind and such.
Calendar listing:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2196
Server alias: Nosy Shaman Good Thug
Password: wizardry
Follow this thread if you apply to join.

When you use times and timezones in the thread, remember to use a GMT timezone reference.
Also, see the calendar listing to see what the gametime would be in your timezone.

Character creation
All characters begin at Lv 1.
Standard array or point buy for attribute points.
Only use the players handbook or basic rules for character creation.
Starting equipment is chosen from your class and background options.

GunnarGreybeard
September 19th, 2016, 12:59
Hmm, that's my day off and while I do run a game at night I'm going to doublecheck the timezone because I think it's about 7:30 AM or so for me.

Wisewind
September 19th, 2016, 13:21
Awesome GunnarGreybeard! also, would you prefer to play Redbox rules or just oldschool dungeoncrawl adventures with 5e D&D rules?

GunnarGreybeard
September 19th, 2016, 13:53
Either would be fine for me. Just gotta make sure my schedule is clear. :rv:

Wisewind
September 19th, 2016, 13:58
I actually think 5e would be easier using fantasy grounds as there is already and existing character sheet and resources.
I think Ill just go ahead and run this as 5e oldschool dungeoncrawls... maybe redbox rules in the future :)

Kitilark
September 19th, 2016, 14:00
Old school math: GMT = o, Sweden = +1, Eastern = -5, 2:30 Sweden would be 3:30 GMT, would be 8:30AM Eastern.
I'm really starting to love this 5E. But I do remember fondly the ol' Dungeon Crawl.
I have always preferred the Caster role, currently in love with Sorcerer, but have played plenty of Wizards in the past. - Can think of an interesting twist on Warlock too, if needed/wanted.
I fully appreciate your commitment to giving new members first chance, but I am hopeful the wee-early hours (here in the states) will keep the interest low enough for me to find a way in. Best of luck in either chase, It sounds like a great adventure.
Kitty

Wisewind
September 19th, 2016, 14:07
Thank you Kitty :)
I have a feeling that the interest will not be awefully high :)

GunnarGreybeard
September 19th, 2016, 14:56
Ok then, I'm in. Having played for many, many years I'll defer my spot to any newbie as needed. Been playing 5e off and on for about a year and half, always as a DM and never a player, till now hopefully. As far as class/character, I usually go with Rangers but if a dungeon crawl, some of those key skills would be wasted so whatever needs played as slots fill up I'm ok with that. Maybe a Dwarven Fighter instead?

Wisewind
September 19th, 2016, 15:05
Welcome GunnarGrayBeard :)
I know the DMs curse all too well myself :)
Feel free to make whatever character you wish using the players handbook and point buy for attribute scores :)
For equipment, use options from background and class.

GunnarGreybeard
September 20th, 2016, 07:58
Still plenty of room if anyone wants in.

Deathsagent
September 20th, 2016, 11:34
May I join if do u use roll 20 and a mic new to this site I haveall the books except the storyline books for 5 ed

Wisewind
September 20th, 2016, 12:20
You are welcome to join Deathsagent!
I do use roll20 at times, but as this game was posted on the fantasygrounds forum, this game (and pretty much any game found on these forums) Will be Held using the fantasy grounds program, but as I am an ultimate licence holder, you dont have to buy anything, you can use the free demo of fantasy grounds to connect to My games.
This game Will be a text only game, using the pretty powerful built in fantasy grounds chat, so there is no need to use a mic.
Be sure to check out the basic info for the game in the first post of this thread, also check out the calendar listing (there is a link in the first post) too see what the time for the game would be in your timezone.

Now then, please tell us alittle something about you, where you are from, have you played before and what kind of character would you like to play? :)

Deathsagent
September 21st, 2016, 07:03
Well I'm in favor of the barbarian as well as the dwarves race as my other is a dwarf I payed a cleric as well it's 2am right now so I will have to figure out the timeline and how many players are there going to be and I'll need instructions in how to play on here

Deathsagent
September 21st, 2016, 07:05
I am from Canada ontario

Wisewind
September 21st, 2016, 14:01
In my own, very personal opinion, I think playing D&D 5e here is easier than on roll20 as much more is automated (and the automated stuff works together).
We will do our best to help you with that :)
Im keeping the server open from 15.00 - 17.00 (3pm-5pm) today while I do laundry (so basically now and open for atleast 2 hours).
Feel free to drop in and Ill show you what I know of fantasy grounds, also people can drop in and make their character and such.
I am still learning myself though, but the basic stuff will work itself out :)

GunnarGreybeard
September 21st, 2016, 15:55
I connected and got Khizdu of Dran uploaded. I think almost everything is set up except for the finer details like height, weight,eye/hair color and stuff.

Deathsagent
September 21st, 2016, 16:28
how am i makeing thecarecter on here
is there alink

GunnarGreybeard
September 21st, 2016, 17:02
how am i makeing thecarecter on here
is there alink
Once you connect (Wisewind has the PHB available) so you can follow the steps at Building a Character With Official D&D Class Packs (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Building_a_Character_With_Offic ial_D.26D_Class_Packs). I believe we are using the 'Standard Array' for stats.

Wisewind
September 21st, 2016, 18:23
Standard array or point buy for attributes :)

GunnarGreybeard
September 21st, 2016, 19:08
I'm guessing the server is offline now?

Wisewind
September 21st, 2016, 19:11
Yeah, I had to leave for work and turn off the computer.

WVFiend
September 21st, 2016, 23:52
I'm an experienced player of various RPGs from West Virginia in the USA. If you got newbies that need a spot feel free to cut me, otherwise I have a little experience with the program and might be helpful in that respect. My intent's to go with a wood elf rogue as it's one of the few classes in 5e I haven't tried just yet:)

Wisewind
September 22nd, 2016, 08:32
You are very welcome WVFiend :)

Deathsagent
September 22nd, 2016, 08:46
So your time zone is 6 hours behind mine I will be playing at 830- 12 I work at midnight every night except weekends any way to start at your 200-430 which would be my 8-1130

Deathsagent
September 22nd, 2016, 08:47
If not that's alright I'll just have to leave 20minets early

Wisewind
September 22nd, 2016, 09:10
Im not sure you calculated that correctly as My timezone is 6 hours ahead of, for example Montreal, canada... Wich would put My game around 08.30 (8.30 am) for you if you are in the same timezone as Montreal for example.

Deathsagent
September 22nd, 2016, 09:17
What time is it bowwere you are ?? Google say it's 10 16 am in Sweden now and it 416 am in Ontario

Deathsagent
September 22nd, 2016, 09:30
Woops lol I was thinking I'm 6 hrs ahead lol all good your right times good then I get off work at 8am so safe to start then dumb me

Kitilark
September 22nd, 2016, 14:32
Well according to my profile page I joined Aug.2016. As I am retired I am on here nearly daily, so it feels a bit longer.
I am 3 sessions in on my first D&D game in 30+ years with a very supportive GM who has helped me learn a lot - he is even helping me learn to GM.
I am 2 sessions in on my second game, where I replaced an NPC. It is a 6 person group now and the players are all experienced so they really push me to hone my skills.
Using the point buy system I built Meriele Nailo, a Wood Elf Sorcerer. I am (we are) on your calendar.
As I live in Florida (didn't retire here I was born here) your start time would be 8:30am which is 30 minutes later than the start time of my second game, so in-other words, is perfect.

Kitty

Wisewind
September 23rd, 2016, 09:03
Lovely Kitty :)

GunnarGreybeard
September 23rd, 2016, 09:14
Woops lol I was thinking I'm 6 hrs ahead lol all good your right times good then I get off work at 8am so safe to start then dumb me

Make sure that you add your time zone to your forum profile and it should convert the game times in the Game Calendar to your local time.

Kitilark
September 26th, 2016, 01:26
Looks like we only have three confirmed, and no Cleric yet, -its going to be a very short crawl if we can't stir-up some more interest. Any new members out there? I've heard good things about this DM.
Kitty

StintedVisions
September 26th, 2016, 04:12
I'm interested. It would be 8:30am for me so I'm certain I could get up early to play.

I've role played a little bit with Pathfinder, but I'm still new to all of this, FG in particular. So this will be interesting.

I'm new to 5e so I'm gonna do a little research on classes and come back with that. I should have an answer on it in a few hours.

StintedVisions
September 26th, 2016, 04:44
So, if you'll accept me, I'll play a Half-Elf Cleric as a Neutral of some variety (probably good) of the Knowledge domain.

Reaper88
September 26th, 2016, 17:31
I would like to join, I will play a wizard. PST(-8) I have not played 5e yet, but people have said it goes back to what D&D used to be like, but more simple. I do have experince with Pathfinder D&D 2nd Adv., and 3/3.5.

Spintowin
September 26th, 2016, 19:51
I have shown interest. Just need a reply if you want a Halfling rogue in your party. any voice chat I can use as well. I will patiently wait for reply. Cheerio

Muuhu
September 27th, 2016, 09:44
i am also very interested.
id like to create a High Elf Druid.

I live in DK, so the gmt is not an issue for me :P

GunnarGreybeard
September 27th, 2016, 15:24
I have shown interest. Just need a reply if you want a Halfling rogue in your party. any voice chat I can use as well. I will patiently wait for reply. Cheerio
Right now I think the plan is we will only be using the built-in Fantasy Grounds text chat tool and no voice or video.

BDaniel
September 27th, 2016, 23:52
Well according to my profile page I joined Aug.2016. As I am retired I am on here nearly daily, so it feels a bit longer.
I am 3 sessions in on my first D&D game in 30+ years with a very supportive GM who has helped me learn a lot - he is even helping me learn to GM.
I am 2 sessions in on my second game, where I replaced an NPC. It is a 6 person group now and the players are all experienced so they really push me to hone my skills.
Using the point buy system I built Meriele Nailo, a Wood Elf Sorcerer. I am (we are) on your calendar.
As I live in Florida (didn't retire here I was born here) your start time would be 8:30am which is 30 minutes later than the start time of my second game, so in-other words, is perfect.

Kitty

Well kitty your story sounds just about like mine, the only exception is I joined FG in April and have completed Lost Mines. Semi Retired, last time playing was in the early 80s, and new to FG. no worries though it comes back fast with some reading and watching the tutorials, it also help considerably having a good GM and party to help you along. Good luck on the old stuff. I am in the process of converting over the U1-U3 Saltmarsh series to FG.

Deathsagent
September 28th, 2016, 04:45
I'll be ready to start in the morning

StintedVisions
September 28th, 2016, 05:21
I haven't gotten word if I was accepted, so I guess I'll just show up?

Wisewind
September 28th, 2016, 10:49
Hey all! Sorry for my inactivity on the forums this week... busy week.
Lets see.

StintedVisions: Youre in! dont worry.
By my count we now have 6 players (atleast accepted in the calendar listing).
There is usually some drop outs though, so make sure to keep an eye on this thread if youre not already accepted.
I could most likely take you in as well Reaper88, making the group 7 players.

BDaniel: Awesomesauce. Would love to see that conversion.

Spintowin: I am fairly sure you showed interest for my other game (this one https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34028-D-amp-D-5e-New-campaign-Ultimate-licence-new-players-welcome )... please mind that this is not the same game.

Text chat only in this game, no voice. We will be using the built in chat for fantasy grounds.
Be sure the read the first post in this thread for basic info :)

Wisewind
September 28th, 2016, 10:51
Also, the server is now open if you want to poke around and upload characters before the game.
server alias: Nosy shaman good thug
password: wizardry

GunnarGreybeard
September 28th, 2016, 13:29
If you get more than enough, I am willing to drop out to open up a space for any newbies.

Reaper88
September 29th, 2016, 20:22
Yeah I am up for playing, just let me know if I am in. I'll make sure to have the time available. Also, set-up a time I can make a character. Kitty on this forum has helpped me understand the basis of FG to make characters and some of the rules for 5e, but still have more to learn. Can't wait to hop in and play.

Reaper88
September 29th, 2016, 20:30
Yeah I am up for playing, just let me know if I am in. I'll make sure to have the time available. Also, set-up a time I can make a character. Kitty on this forum has helpped me understand the basis of FG to make characters and some of the rules for 5e, but still have more to learn. Can't wait to hop in and play.

GunnarGreybeard
September 30th, 2016, 10:25
Sorry I had to bail out there near the end. Hopefully, I didn't miss much and you guys, and gals, saved me a cut of any 'coin' you might have found.

Kitilark
September 30th, 2016, 14:03
Sorry I had to bail out there near the end. Hopefully, I didn't miss much and you guys, and gals, saved me a cut of any 'coin' you might have found.
GM divided the coins evenly for all - there are still a few interesting things to study, and a few things to claim - we all stopped a few minutes after you left, so we will need to finish browsing the storeroom next Wednesday.:hurt:

GunnarGreybeard
October 1st, 2016, 12:30

I think the game calendar is still accessible and able to accept signups. You may want to try accessing https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2196 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2196) and signing up.

Wisewind
October 3rd, 2016, 12:48
Discussions for this group is to be moved to this group https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=91 so that we dont spam up the forums all the time.

Wisewind
October 10th, 2016, 10:36
We are now able to take in one more player.
Check out the calendar, apply here with a short introduction of yourself and your experience, and what kind of character you would like to play.
Calendar listing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2196

Jamihr
October 11th, 2016, 11:45
I would be interested in joining if there is an opening still, Sent a pm with info.

Deathsagent
October 12th, 2016, 14:47
Sorry guys had to drive freind to court I'm stuck here for now

Deathsagent
October 12th, 2016, 14:48
Can't play from phone

Wisewind
October 19th, 2016, 16:24
We have 4 new spots open.

GunnarGreybeard
October 19th, 2016, 17:52
Wizards and Clerics a priority! :bandit:

Wisewind
October 20th, 2016, 21:45
No priority :p

luis.alberto
November 4th, 2016, 03:33
Hello Wisewind,
I would like to play if it is still open.
I'm from Brazil (GMT -2). My working time is very flexible and best time for me to play would be during my afternoons, so I think I can join you.
I have some experience with DnD, but new to Fantasy Grounds.
I don't have any special preference for character type, and well I can play a cleric, as asked above, or other class that fits the current campaign.

GunnarGreybeard
November 4th, 2016, 13:48
Hello Wisewind,
I would like to play if it is still open.
I'm from Brazil (GMT -2). My working time is very flexible and best time for me to play would be during my afternoons, so I think I can join you.
I have some experience with DnD, but new to Fantasy Grounds.
I don't have any special preference for character type, and well I can play a cleric, as asked above, or other class that fits the current campaign.
I think the calendar entry is up and accessible at Wisewinds Wednesday Wizardry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2196) so you should be able to sign up.

luis.alberto
November 4th, 2016, 19:13
Thanks Gunnar,

well, The last Wisewind game on the schedule was at Nov,2nd. May I have to wait the next entry??
Anyway, I'm trying to give the group/DM notice that I would like to join next week if possible.
Just let me know!!

I think the calendar entry is up and accessible at Wisewinds Wednesday Wizardry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2196) so you should be able to sign up.

GunnarGreybeard
November 5th, 2016, 14:56
We try to play every week but I think most of the game scheduling has been coordinated through the Wisewinds Wednesday Wizardry Group (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=91) that is set up (not sure you would have access there though). If you sign up on the calendar he'll probably contact you when he has time.

Wisewind
November 9th, 2016, 12:31
As my computor currently wont cooperate, we may have to wait a while to have you join, but you would be welcome if we ever get this game running again.

GunnarGreybeard
November 9th, 2016, 13:42
Is the server alias the same or are you still down?