PDA

View Full Version : Assign Speaker not working?

JimSocks
September 19th, 2016, 01:23
In the basics section of the wiki user guides ( under formatted text fields) it says that pressing control – tab while inside a story/chat box will allow you to assign a speaker of that text when sent to the chat window. Instead it just indents the text as if it were a list. It also says you can assign a speaker by right clicking and selecting assign speaker but I don't see that option in the radial menu.

It would be great to pre-assign this data so I don't need to remember to switch speaking IDs all the time.

I'm the GM, and am running 5e. Perhaps this functionality only works in coreRPG and not 5e?

Trenloe
September 19th, 2016, 01:28
The indent is where you type the name of the speaker.

You can get the indent via the right-click menu, but the text has to be already assigned as a chat bubble.

JimSocks
September 20th, 2016, 04:32
Oh awesome thanks! Ctrl-tab works fine. I can't figure out which buttons to press to get it to work from a radial menu, but that doesn't matter since ctrl-tab is easier anyway.

Nickademus
September 20th, 2016, 14:19
I believe the assign speaker is in the chat frame or story frame entry of the formatting choice in the radial menu. I'd have to pull FG up to see the exact names.

Nope, it's:

1. Right-click
2. SE Option (Paragraph Types)
3a. NE Option (Chat Frame) if not already a chat frame
3b. N Option (Assign Speaker)
4. Type name as the cursor should automatically be put into the indent

GunnarGreybeard
September 20th, 2016, 14:39
I have had this program for years and still can't remember the keyboard shortcuts. I just use the radial menu for everything. :p

Nickademus
September 20th, 2016, 15:06
I use Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, Ctrl+4, and Ctrl+5 quite a bit. It really helps for me since I use a lot of formatting in my story entries.