PDA

View Full Version : Rippers Resurrected One Shot

Talen
September 18th, 2016, 22:56
If I can get at least 3 people interested, I'd like to run a savage world's rippers one shot on Tuesday from 8 to 11 pm ET. If anyone is interested, I can open the server up tonight and tomorrow for character creation. Post here if you're interested.

NotRussellCrowe
September 19th, 2016, 02:56
Good evening. I'd love to play Rippers but I've never played Rippers or Savage Worlds. If you're okay with that I'd be happy to join you. I'd be good with a pregen even. If you'd rather only have experienced players that's fine with me, completely understand.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Trenloe
September 19th, 2016, 03:04
I'm keen - I've been looking to get into Rippers Resurrected and a one-shot would be great. I'm happy to play a pregen (if you have any), or equally happy to manually enter one of the Archetypes from here: https://www.peginc.com/store/rippers-resurrected-archetypes-pdf/ (if appropriate).

Talen
September 19th, 2016, 03:27
Happy to game with you. This will be my first time running a SW game in FG which is why I'm going the one shot route so we can work through the rough edges together!

Good evening. I'd love to play Rippers but I've never played Rippers or Savage Worlds. If you're okay with that I'd be happy to join you. I'd be good with a pregen even. If you'd rather only have experienced players that's fine with me, completely understand.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Talen
September 19th, 2016, 03:30
Trenloe, Feel free to generate a character or use the pregen.....I had planned on putting together some pre gens as well. I didn't realize the archetypes you linked were out there so I may pick that up and use those for others looking for a pregen, Thanks for the link!

I'm keen - I've been looking to get into Rippers Resurrected and a one-shot would be great. I'm happy to play a pregen (if you have any), or equally happy to manually enter one of the Archetypes from here: https://www.peginc.com/store/rippers-resurrected-archetypes-pdf/ (if appropriate).

Mask_of_winter
September 19th, 2016, 03:41
There are more pregens for free here (https://www.peginc.com/freebies/Rippers/RippersHeroes.pdf).

Talen
September 19th, 2016, 03:58
Thanks Mask. I did have those but I was a little concerned about how they would balance with resurrected since they were from the first setting book - but I guess I shouldn't.

Mask_of_winter
September 19th, 2016, 04:08
Changes (https://www.peginc.com/store/rippers-to-rippers-resurrected-conversion-pdf/) are very minor. Mainly, the damage nomenclature was updated to current Savage Worlds. Everything else is kosher. I'm working on running a short 2 hrs session long campaign using mostly the old Rippers Plot Point Campaign actually, and the transition is seamless. Your one shot ends to close to when I have to leave for work. Otherwise I would have been happy to join you guys.

NotRussellCrowe
September 19th, 2016, 13:27
Happy to game with you. This will be my first time running a SW game in FG which is why I'm going the one shot route so we can work through the rough edges together!

Thanks, Talen, looking forward to this tomorrow!!

Trenloe
September 20th, 2016, 03:23
Getting my PC ready now.

@Talen: Do we have enough players for the game to run tomorrow evening?

Trenloe
September 20th, 2016, 03:53
Attached is Frederick Hartell, member of the Order of St. George. From the RR Archetypes PDF linked above.

BDaniel
September 20th, 2016, 03:55
Talen,
If you still have any opening, I would be interested in joining. Pm me if you have space.
BDaniel

Talen
September 20th, 2016, 04:54
There is room and PM on it's way.

Talen,
If you still have any opening, I would be interested in joining. Pm me if you have space.
BDaniel

Talen
September 20th, 2016, 05:00
We have 3 players with BDaniel so we are good to go. I'll open a teamspeak channel on the fantasygrounds server and send a pm with the server alias.

Getting my PC ready now.

@Talen: Do we have enough players for the game to run tomorrow evening?

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 01:01
Just getting started:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15396

BDaniel
September 21st, 2016, 04:37
I would like to thank Talen for allowing me to play and being a gracious host. I would also like to thank NotRusselCrowe and Trenloe for a being a great group of fellas to kill some night crawling nasty buggers with. This was my first time playing this setting and I am sold on its Gothic, londonisk, steampunk feel. Talen did a great job bringing the setting to life and seamlessly adjusted to some curve balls we threw at him . It was a shame the poor Professor busted his noggin open when we were so close to saving him. It was a great night and thank you all.

“Yeah, Henry Rawlings … The roughest, toughest, rootinest, tootinest, shootinest Ripper that ever ripped a monster”

SF
BDaniel

PS
Could you send me the XML of ole Henry...he may need to make another appearance someday.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 05:15
“Yeah, Henry Rawlings … The roughest, toughest, rootinest, tootinest, shootinest Ripper that ever ripped a monster killed the guy we were supposed to be rescuing”
;)

Could you send me the XML of ole Henry...he may need to make another appearance someday.
You can get it from your own computer using Manage Characters - select the "Rippers" campaign entry and when it loads up you can export the XML from the character selection screen.

BDaniel
September 21st, 2016, 11:13
Now why didn't I think of that.Thanks Trenloe. Well yeah there was that....the Professor died. I shot the horse. I think it was a forgone conclusion that the Professor had to take a dirt nap, Pard.

“Stranger, you just yupped yourself into a hole in the head!”

SF
BDaniel

Talen
September 21st, 2016, 11:21
I really enjoyed running the game and playing with each of you - it was alot of fun and I appreciate you all working with me to smooth the edges as I worked through a new ruleset. You guys were a very fun group to game with and made my part much easier. I also loved that NotRusselCrow as the new new guy had dice exploding everywhere....who knew that the witchhunter was such a degenerate gambler?

BDaniel - if you have any problems pulling the cowboy out, let me know and I'll send him over.

NotRussellCrowe
September 21st, 2016, 11:26
It's a good thing we didn't come across any witches though, while my knowledge of gambling dens and those who frequent them is quite high (a witch hunter needs to decompress after a long day at the office, don't judge me!) I just couldn't seem to actually hit anything.

Thank you, everyone, for being patient with the new guy. It was greatly appreciated!!!

Happy gaming!

BDaniel
September 21st, 2016, 11:40
It's a good thing we didn't come across any witches though, while my knowledge of gambling dens and those who frequent them is quite high (a witch hunter needs to decompress after a long day at the office, don't judge me!) I just couldn't seem to actually hit anything.

Thank you, everyone, for being patient with the new guy. It was greatly appreciated!!!

Happy gaming!

NotRussellCrowe: I just noticed your Avatar. Beware that little lecherous halfling. She took advantage of my poor drunk half-orc fighter in a Neverwinter Inn and stole his fake beard. Poor Kursk did not walk right for days and had to pay a visit to a healer. Now Kursk avoids Neverwinter like it was a plague city.

NotRussellCrowe
September 21st, 2016, 11:47
Oh that's just my cousin, Matilda Thunderfoot. She's great once you get to know her, a real hoot at parties!