PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Middle Earth

GunbunnyFuFu
September 17th, 2016, 15:02
Greetings!

I've recently picked up Adventures in Middle Earth, the 5E Middle Earth RPG from Crucible 7. There are some different classes, different equipment, a few skills difference, and different "names" for things such as feats, etc. That being said, if I wanted to have this in Fantasy Grounds, would I have to know LUA in order to change the things above, or is it XML file manipulation?

Thanks!

GB

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2016, 15:29
You should be able to use par5e for pretty much all of that. The only problem I can foresee would be skills if they have different names. You'd have a problem automating those I think but the user would still be able to create them in the character sheet.

Valarian
September 17th, 2016, 18:25
There's some slight character sheet changes needed, which would need some XML changes to the ruleset. There are three new skills. I'm currently working on a Par5e conversion and hitting a few difficulties with differences in format.

GunbunnyFuFu
September 17th, 2016, 20:06
That's what I was concerned with..the slight changes that might cause issue....I'll give a run through with Par5E, and then look at the XML for the character sheet..I assume that's a part of the 5E ruleset?

Valarian
September 17th, 2016, 20:08
It should be done as an extension to the 5e ruleset, yes. I will be looking at this at some point, but not sure when I can get around to it.

Talyn
September 17th, 2016, 21:56
Don't quote me, but I could have sworn someone was working on an official conversion of Adventures in Middle Earth. I don't have any other details though, like a release date.

GunbunnyFuFu
September 17th, 2016, 23:48
I'd love for there to be an official conversion. Take my money, Smiteworks!! :)

Looking at the supplement, I think it does a pretty good job of capturing the feel. I'd be interested to see what it plays like. May have to round up some local players to try it.

GB

JeffKnight
September 18th, 2016, 01:42
Yep, I'd pay for an official conversion. I see it being a very popular campaign setting.

GunbunnyFuFu
September 18th, 2016, 05:24
As do I!

Valarian
September 18th, 2016, 07:01
I am running a current game on Fridays (8pm UK time), using The One Ring. It's using the Fantasy Grounds Chat. I've got two reliable players and one more that has had work scheduling problems lately. I could do with a couple of other reliable players if anyone is interested.

We're about to embark on the second adventuring phase, from Rhosgobel. I'm planning on a long campaign if players can sustain the game.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3MXFiUFljb29Jbk0

GunnarGreybeard
September 18th, 2016, 12:46
Yeah, would be really, really nice to have this available.

claedawg
February 14th, 2017, 08:34
I've converted pretty much everything over, except the character sheet. I don't have a good grasp on the LUA stuff. I did the conversion straight through the FG UI and not Par5e as I was having issues with that, so no reference. All the rules have been put in the Story sheets with a Table of Contents with links for easy access. I have all the NPCs, Classes, Cultures, Backgrounds, Virtues, Items, Legendary Weapon Templates, etc. I have also added creatures from a PDF I found online someone made. I'd be happy to share it but it is over 30k kb when zipped and my email will not send it :( I'm using skills I created for the new skills and the Corruption Save and Shadow Points as I don't have a grasp on LUA. Also, working on getting my old MERP material converted in separate modules. I do need to redo the Encounter Tables I made for the Journeys though. I will probably be making individual ones for the MERP modules though.

GunnarGreybeard - If you would like to join my game that would cool. I had one going with some Canadian guys but I think it may have died as only one player showed for the last session (the second session, lol). We did put a hiatus on it back in December to wait for the Loremaster Guide but I'd love to get the game going once again. I just need a week or so to get the starting MERP modules updated since I did not use the Best Practices when I first started to run the game. Plus, it would great to have a fellow Tennessean in the game. I'd say we could meet up for live but we are bit too far away (I'm south of Nashville).

GunnarGreybeard
February 14th, 2017, 10:24
claedawg, I'm running a game on my only day off at the moment so another game might not be doable. What day are you guys running?

claedawg
February 14th, 2017, 16:29
We tried last Saturday, but after a two month hiatus waiting for the Loremaster book to come out I think all but one of the guys dropped. Right now I'm open for most anytime but about to start a new job, so not sure what that schedule is going to be just yet. Have you been able to add all the classes and cultures to your game? If not, if you have a place I can upload to I will share my work with you.

icedern
February 28th, 2017, 16:36
I see they are releasing a book of adventures. Any new information on a module for FG? I REALLY want to run a game with this!

Ruinous
February 28th, 2017, 18:15
If I was local, Id love to play this.

claedawg
March 1st, 2017, 00:54
Just started a new job and haven't been keeping up with the news. I have not heard anything regarding an official FG module, but then I would not be in the loop on that anymore than you guys, lol. Once I get through training at the new job I hope to pick the game back up, but that will be more than a month from now. :cry:

CMYKMatter
March 4th, 2017, 20:59
I've tried contacting the lovely folks over at Cublicle 7 in reference to wanting them to get an FG option, but who knows if that will ever come to fruition. I'd love to have it available though.

NotRussellCrowe
March 14th, 2017, 22:57
Hey, all.

I've uploaded v0.2 of an AiME extension for 5e. It's bare bones but should be functional. You can find it here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37167-Adventures-in-Middle-Earth&p=326004#post326004

Happy gaming!