PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: Savage Worlds Western Game (sorta Boot Hill)

GunnarGreybeard
September 16th, 2016, 19:56
I'm really itching to run something using Savage Worlds but neither the times or theme I mentioned in previous announcements has seemed to get much traction. I have seen a few attempts at a western themed game but it has been some time since one of those popped up. Based on that, I figured I'd give it another shot. I only have the based SW Ruleset so I'm guessing I would need the Deadlands Reloaded addon to make running it easier.

Some limitations on my end . . . this would need to be Fantasy Grounds built in Text Chat AND a weekday daytime (GMT-6) late morning/early afternoon game.

For now, I have nothing written out as far as a plan but I have some ideas.More than likely a short adventure with the option, based on player feedback, to make it a long term game.

Estimated start times if I shoot for a 11:00 AM game (CDT);

EDT [GMT-4] -> 12:00:00 Noon
PDT [GMT-7] -> 9:00:00 AM
UTC [GMT] -> 4:00:00 PM
UTC [GMT+2] -> 6:00:00 PM

I can push it back to 1:00 PM my time which would add 2 hours to each of the above time references. Looking at the time range, those in the Pacific are probably out of luck.

Any questions, comments or interest??

damned
September 17th, 2016, 01:08
Hi GunnarGreybeard being that this is a less common time window if you look up those times on www.timeanddate.com and post them for:
UTC, UTC+2, PST/PDT, MST/MDT, CST/CDT, EST/EDT, UTC+9 (Japan), AEST and UTC+12 (NZ)
it will broaden your games reach - these are the most common timezones that games get advertised in.

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2016, 01:11
Both Deadlands Reloaded games at FG Con 9 are fully booked in less than 8 hours so there's definitely interest in Western games :)

GunnarGreybeard
September 17th, 2016, 06:09
Hi GunnarGreybeard being that this is a less common time window if you look up those times on www.timeanddate.com and post them for:
UTC, UTC+2, PST/PDT, MST/MDT, CST/CDT, EST/EDT, UTC+9 (Japan), AEST and UTC+12 (NZ)
it will broaden your games reach - these are the most common timezones that games get advertised in.
Yeah, I'll have to do that and add it to the 1st post. Unfortunately, the time frame I have to work with is like threading a needle, at least outside of the Wednesday night time I am available but that's already taken up by a 5e game. But I'll keep plugging away and see what materializes.

GunnarGreybeard
September 17th, 2016, 06:16
Both Deadlands Reloaded games at FG Con 9 are fully booked in less than 8 hours so there's definitely interest in Western games :)
Yeah, I've had a couple of PM's with some interest but they want zombie's :bandit: so a typical western game might take longer to fill.