PDA

View Full Version : Question about DM's Guild content

_JackDoor_
September 16th, 2016, 18:49
Recently I have seen a module extending the 'armoury' of D&D and curiously I looked within my plethora of PDfs and found the exact same content.

Not calling anyone out, but is this allowed as I'm compiling a massive module together of monsters and I was hoping to share this at a later date once I've hit a sizeable amount of NPCs, and have the tokens correct.

Cheers guys :)

Trenloe
September 16th, 2016, 18:53
If the material is covered under the OGL (Open Gaming License) then you can re-use it in a module. For 5E this is the SRD (System Reference Document) and any other material released under the OGL.

Details here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

Which armoury module are you referring to?

_JackDoor_
September 16th, 2016, 19:04
Hi Trenloe,

The material is homebrew I believe or re-imaginations of elementals, extensions to kobolds etc.

The module Im talking about is this one https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30346-New-Weapons-Mod-for-D-amp-D-5e

But I'm not sure if the poster is the owner of said material, as I do have the PDF of all these weapons.

damned
September 17th, 2016, 01:35
Well - if you are using someone elses content it must be with permission.
If their is an OGL then permission is granted - with conditions that must be adhered to.
Other stuff may be released under some form of Creative Commons.
Other stuff will require specific permission from the author.
If the author is you - and you use no one elses content within yours then you already have permission.
Have a look at the DMsGuild as it explains what is and is not permitted. Also read the Wizards OGL.

_JackDoor_
September 20th, 2016, 19:33
Okay, so I shall contact the owners of the material they have created via the SRD and OGL to make sure they are all right for me making a combined module.

(Sorry for the late response)

Myrdin Potter
October 1st, 2016, 15:34
Please read the OGL. For the most part, you can use content that others have released under the OGL. Depending on what the content is, you may need to give them credit and assert their copyright as well and somethings are not allowed. DMS Guild is a special case but similar except that releases need to be also in the DMs Guild.