PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate NPCs- Skulduggery (5E): Report Bugs Here

lokiare
September 15th, 2016, 21:21
Please report any bugs in "Ultimate NPCs- Skulduggery (5E)" after the Tuesday (9/20/2016) update here.

lokiare
September 15th, 2016, 23:03
Ultimate NPCs - Looking at the first 10 NPCs in the list:

Advanced Bandit Boss(level 20)
- Last two words from Second Wind are in a new trait (it again).
- Crossbow, Heavy attack is not showing up on CT because it is lumped in with the Long Sword attack (FYI this is extremely common - referred to as "Issue 1" from here on in my summaries).
- Sneak Attack not populating in CT.

1 and 2 Corrected.
Advanced Bandit Boss does not have Sneak Attack.

Advanced Assassin Boss(level 15)

Fixed.

Advanced Brigand Boss(level 12)
- - Last two words from Intimidating Presence are in a new trait (24 hours).

Fixed.

Advanced Ruffian Boss(level 16)
- Superior Critical has no accompanying effect in CT.
- Second Wind has no effect in the CT.

Not sure the Fantasy Grounds parser can increase critical ranges. This has to be done manually.
Second Wind Fixed.

Advanced Thief Boss(level 15)

Fixed.

Aelar Oakenheel(level 12)
- Mention of him being a spell caster, and a list of spells, but nothing populates in the CT.
- Has "Metal Hand" as a trait with null and then Favored Enemy in the text of the trait. Don't think he's supposed to have a metal hand.

Fixed.

Aelar Oakenheel(level 16)
- Mention of him being a spell caster, and a list of spells, but nothing populates in the CT.
- Has "Metal Hand" as a trait with null and then Favored Enemy in the text of the trait. Don't think he's supposed to have a metal hand.

Fixed.

Aelar Oakenheel(level 20)

Aelar Oakenheel(level 4)

Fixed.

After we release the updated module on Tuesday (9/20/2016) Please let us know if you find any other bugs.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2016, 23:46
A few recommendations (sorry if these are in hand, but these weren't mentioned above):

Are the images being updated/modified in line with the recently published image guidelines (FG newsletter Wednesday 7th)? i.e. resolution and file size? The character images are currently much bigger than the average screen and need to be resized when opened.
Are the images also going to be given more meaningful names in Fantasy Grounds, rather than the image filename (e.g. aelar_final).
I'd recommend reducing the number of tokens. Currently there are 6 exact same tokens - one for each of the NPC levels, but they're exactly the same and labelled the level, e.g. ashdan_level1, ashdan_level4, ashdan_level8, ashdan_level12, ashdan_level16, ashdan_level20. There should really only be one token "ashdan" in this case and that one token should be linked to all instances of the Ashdan NPC.
Could the relevant character image be added as a link in the "other" tab - this is fairly standard FG practice now for 5E NPCs.

That's it, for now... ;)

JohnD
September 16th, 2016, 01:46
After we release the updated module on Tuesday (9/20/2016) Please let us know if you find any other bugs.
Sure thing. Worth noting that a lot of what I already pointed out was evidenced in the rest of the NPCs as well; I just got frustrated after going through the first 10 in the list and stopped there.

lokiare
September 17th, 2016, 17:53
Sure thing. Worth noting that a lot of what I already pointed out was evidenced in the rest of the NPCs as well; I just got frustrated after going through the first 10 in the list and stopped there.

These were fixed for all NPCs.

lokiare
September 17th, 2016, 19:30
A few recommendations (sorry if these are in hand, but these weren't mentioned above):

No problem.

Are the images being updated/modified in line with the recently published image guidelines (FG newsletter Wednesday 7th)? i.e. resolution and file size? The character images are currently much bigger than the average screen and need to be resized when opened.

Fixed.

Are the images also going to be given more meaningful names in Fantasy Grounds, rather than the image filename (e.g. aelar_final).

I'm not sure what you are talking about, can you explain in more detail?

I'd recommend reducing the number of tokens. Currently there are 6 exact same tokens - one for each of the NPC levels, but they're exactly the same and labelled the level, e.g. ashdan_level1, ashdan_level4, ashdan_level8, ashdan_level12, ashdan_level16, ashdan_level20. There should really only be one token "ashdan" in this case and that one token should be linked to all instances of the Ashdan NPC.

This is due to how the module was created. When a new feature is added to Par5E this might be fixed.

Could the relevant character image be added as a link in the "other" tab - this is fairly standard FG practice now for 5E NPCs.

Fixed.

That's it, for now... ;)

Keep them coming please.

Trenloe
September 17th, 2016, 22:50
I'm not sure what you are talking about, can you explain in more detail?
Sure thing. It's obvious that the image files have had their original filenames used for the image names. e.g. Thieves_color, Thief_Boss_color, Yrla_final, etc. - see the screenshot.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15360

For me this is showing a less than polished end product. Compare with the HotDQ image list which has properly formatted and meaningful names:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15361

This is due to how the module was created. When a new feature is added to Par5E this might be fixed.
This is simple enough to fix in the PAR5E generated XML. I'm sorry, but just because PAR5E doesn't allow for a single token to be assigned to multiple NPCs doesn't mean that a SmiteWorks professionally produced module should not do things properly. Having 6 tokens that are exactly the same, with less than ideal names is not great - it's inefficient and lends an air of unprofessionalism to the module. For example, the 6 tokens for Ashdan are exactly the same, but with names: ashdan_level1_, ashdan_level4_, ashdan_level8_, ashdan_level12_, ashdan_level16_ and ashdan_level20_. Now, I know that these are the required names for PAR5E to be able to automatically match tokens to NPC records based off the NPC name. But, as I mention above, it is a pretty simple fix post PAR5E to make one token ashdan.png (delete all the other token files) and rename the <token> entries in the module db.xml for the Ashdan NPC records to use ashdan.png.

Does the above stop you using the module? No it doesn't at all. But, for me, it gives it an unfinished look, and in the case of tokens it's inefficient (uses more FG resources) to have 6 tokens all the same. Smiteworks produced modules should look professional and be the standard that other module makers aspire too.

lokiare
September 20th, 2016, 22:35
Sure thing. It's obvious that the image files have had their original filenames used for the image names. e.g. Thieves_color, Thief_Boss_color, Yrla_final, etc. - see the screenshot.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15360

For me this is showing a less than polished end product. Compare with the HotDQ image list which has properly formatted and meaningful names:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15361

I'm fixing this today as we speak.

This is simple enough to fix in the PAR5E generated XML. I'm sorry, but just because PAR5E doesn't allow for a single token to be assigned to multiple NPCs doesn't mean that a SmiteWorks professionally produced module should not do things properly. Having 6 tokens that are exactly the same, with less than ideal names is not great - it's inefficient and lends an air of unprofessionalism to the module. For example, the 6 tokens for Ashdan are exactly the same, but with names: ashdan_level1_, ashdan_level4_, ashdan_level8_, ashdan_level12_, ashdan_level16_ and ashdan_level20_. Now, I know that these are the required names for PAR5E to be able to automatically match tokens to NPC records based off the NPC name. But, as I mention above, it is a pretty simple fix post PAR5E to make one token ashdan.png (delete all the other token files) and rename the <token> entries in the module db.xml for the Ashdan NPC records to use ashdan.png.

Does the above stop you using the module? No it doesn't at all. But, for me, it gives it an unfinished look, and in the case of tokens it's inefficient (uses more FG resources) to have 6 tokens all the same. Smiteworks produced modules should look professional and be the standard that other module makers aspire too.

This has been fixed since the latest test version of Par5E now supports setting tokens manually.

An update (which may not include renamed images) will be posted today at some point.

lokiare
September 21st, 2016, 00:51
The module has been updated including the renaming of images. Enjoy!

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 02:03
The module has been updated including the renaming of images. Enjoy!
Fantastic! :)

Myrdin Potter
September 21st, 2016, 02:19
Teasing the masses with internal versions of par5e.

:-p

Nylanfs
September 21st, 2016, 02:40
That's how you know they are Evil Overlords and that we should worship them. :)

JohnD
September 21st, 2016, 07:13
I notice this evening that when pulling the NPCs into an Encounter, or directly to the CT, that the token does not populate automatically even though it is already on the NPC record.

Zacchaeus
September 21st, 2016, 12:03
I notice this evening that when pulling the NPCs into an Encounter, or directly to the CT, that the token does not populate automatically even though it is already on the NPC record.

Indeed, this is a known problem which has been fixed in v3.2. It also applies to the Tome of Beasts.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2016, 18:43
It works fine for me dragging directly to the CT. But dragging to an encounter gives a blank token - which is a known issue as Zacchaeus mentions.

JohnD
September 21st, 2016, 20:17
It works fine for me dragging directly to the CT. But dragging to an encounter gives a blank token - which is a known issue as Zacchaeus mentions.

Huh I'll have to try it again then. I will say that the post fix version is extremely useful to me given the style of game I run... having ready made levelled NPCs that aren't vanilla is a great boon to my prep time.

spite
October 15th, 2016, 02:22
https://puu.sh/rJige/f99d40267b.png

That's the level 11 Intermediate Ruffian Boss's scimitar attack.

Aelar Oakenheel's image link in the information tab does not open a picture.