PDA

View Full Version : Additional functionality for the Tokens interface

swest
September 14th, 2016, 06:51
Greetings,

The Tokens button (lower right, main FG window) brings up a fairly robust and useful tool for browsing and searching your default tokens (i.e., the ones that you have dropped into your "../Fantasy Grounds/tokens/host" directory), and even allows you to add other, optional, token modules, thus temporarily adding new bags of tokens to the collection, which then also show up in searches, along with the defaults.

Does anyone else wish that this tool provided you with a way to create a new, empty, bag'o'tokens, and then drag, or cut'n'paste, individual tokens from other bags to the new bag?

This would allow you to open every token module you had, perform a search for, let's say, 'zombie', select the best 'zombie' for your current purpose, and then put a copy of that 'zombie' into the new bag that you're building.

That way I could use the very efficient power of the Token tool's search capability, to assemble a new collection of tokens without having to do it by hand out in Windows (or other OS that FG runs under).

Did I make sense there? Does that sound useful?

As usual, I have to ask whether I am just off-base here... Have I missed something obvious that makes what I described redundant, unnecessary, or even, impossible?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. One of the motivations for this is that I seem to recall that having numerous large (i.e., lots of tokens) token modules open contributes to FG-memory-bloat... Is that true? If so, then having an easy way to create a single bag of tokens, one that has everything that you need for the campaign at hand, would result in the least impact on FG memory.

damned
September 14th, 2016, 07:03
I believe that storing the tokens in modules considerably reduced memory bloat.