PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

jediknight1179
September 6th, 2005, 17:27
This may seem silly, but would it be possible to have FG work in with dual monitors? There's so much stuff going on sometimes that you run out of screen room really quick. I have two monitors, but can't get to work with both.

Hrathor
September 7th, 2005, 15:01
Well it doesn't seem silly to me as I was wondering thid myself. Although I think I would probably use the extra real estate for other apps I like to run with FG, the option would be nice.

Doswelk
September 7th, 2005, 16:45
UltraMon https://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Allows you to spread Fantasy grounds accross both screens, it alos has lots of other cool functions.

And no I do not work the them... :)

Cantstanzya
September 7th, 2005, 17:25
I am currently using two monitors with FG. All you need is a video card that has two outputs, windows XP (I'm not sure if Win98 supports it), and obviously two monitors.
If you right click on your desktop and go to properties-settings and push the Advanced button you will see the setup for the dual monitors. I think that is where it is, I'm at work and I am trying to remember how I set it up. Anyway once you are in here there are many different ways to setup the display. You can stretch the display and have one big desktop or you could have the same video going to each monitor (which might be an option for people that are using FG with the players acutally there). The setup that I use has my desktop on my left monitor and that is where I keep FG up and running and on my right monitor I have other apps running like Adobe to read PDF files, Gimp to make on the fly maps, Firefox for browsing the internet ect.. All you have to do is open the application and drag it to the other monitor.
The main reason I went out and bought a flat panel was so that I could run dual monitors and it works great, especially now that the 1.05 patch switches between programs much quicker. It used to be that if you clicked on another program it and then went back to FG it sometimes would take up to 5 seconds to get control back in FG. It is now almost instantanious.

Ganadai
April 18th, 2006, 09:51
This may seem silly, but would it be possible to have FG work in with dual monitors? There's so much stuff going on sometimes that you run out of screen room really quick. I have two monitors, but can't get to work with both.

You can use it with dual monitors if you switch to winodw mode and expand the window across to the other monitor. You lose a little around the border, but the extra space it provides on the second monitor makes up for it by far.