PDA

View Full Version : Loading Images on FG 3.1.7 thru Wine on Ubuntu

Tamlyn
September 13th, 2016, 01:39
Hi there! I'm having some trouble with Fantasy Grounds. I'm running FG 3.1.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS through Wine 1.6, and I can't seem to import image files for use as maps or character tokens into the program. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that might help, so I just made an account in order to post about my issue. When I click on the 'Folder' tab to open an image, the Wine browser opens, but no images will load when I click on them.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

LordEntrails
September 13th, 2016, 03:23
Hi Tamlyn, welcome to the forums, glad to have you.

I'm not a Mac user, but I from you're description it doesn't sound like you are using the expected process.

So, when you go to the image list, click on the folder icon. This opens up the folder icon where you should copy/paste image into. You can't use this folder to browse to where your image is.

Just to make sure, are you opening the images folder and then dragging or pasting your desired image into that folder?

Nylanfs
September 13th, 2016, 04:55
I believe you have to find the folder in the WINE "c:\" folder and copy them in manually

Trenloe
September 13th, 2016, 05:23
This might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)&p=172379&viewfull=1#post172379

As mentioned above, you'll need to copy your images files into the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name>\images directory for them to be seen within the FG images list.

Tamlyn
September 14th, 2016, 02:20
This might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)&p=172379&viewfull=1#post172379

As mentioned above, you'll need to copy your images files into the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name>\images directory for them to be seen within the FG images list.

I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. when I paste into the image folder, nothing happens

Trenloe
September 14th, 2016, 02:23
I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. when I paste into the image folder, nothing happens
Can you expand on that please? When you say "nothing happens" do you mean the images doesn't even paste into the folder? Or, the image pastes, but you don't see it in Fantasy Grounds? If the latter, close and open the images window in FG after pasting the image files. If you still don't see them, restart FG. And if you still don't see them - what image format are you using?

Tamlyn
September 14th, 2016, 02:40
Can you expand on that please? When you say "nothing happens" do you mean the images doesn't even paste into the folder? Or, the image pastes, but you don't see it in Fantasy Grounds? If the latter, close and open the images window in FG after pasting the image files. If you still don't see them, restart FG. And if you still don't see them - what image format are you using?

I just figured it out! Your fix was correct. When I pasted, nothing at all was appearing in the folder. I tried open another wine explorer window and pasting from there, and it worked! Thank you so much for your help, Treble, and thank you to everyone else who weighed in. I really appreciate you folks taking the time to help the newbie with tech support!

Trenloe
September 14th, 2016, 04:09
I just figured it out! Your fix was correct. When I pasted, nothing at all was appearing in the folder. I tried open another wine explorer window and pasting from there, and it worked!
Fantastic! So pleased you got it working. :)