PDA

View Full Version : Custom decal modification - rotative background?

Tel Arin
September 13th, 2016, 01:32
Hi folks!

I use my own skins and custom decals. I want to mix this two concepts into a extension.

I want a background (desktop image) that could rotate between several, like when I use the custom decal. (the custom decal don't load the image full screen).

For example: When the players are in the caves, i want a dark cave background, when they go out to the city, i want to load a medieval city background etc etc.

I think is a easy modification of the custom decal extension to alow full screen images. My code skill are non-existent.

Any idea?

Thanks for reading

Andraax
September 13th, 2016, 01:45
You could make large decals. But you would also have to insist that your players all use the same screen size...

Tel Arin
September 13th, 2016, 01:55
An image to explain better. The dark cave is 1080, as the resolution of my monitor.

https://oi66.tinypic.com/70fepd.jpg

Trenloe
September 13th, 2016, 03:11
Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33982-Extension-question&p=288695&viewfull=1#post288695

Attached is an extension that expands the bounds of the decal up to 1 pixel from each side, and just above the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

The issue you have is that the decal will be resized based off the width and height of the FG window - so you may have to do some minor adjustments to your window size, or create decals based off your preferred windows size - but you'll have little control over what size the players use unless you know their monitor/screen sizes and they always maximise FG.

Note: the maximum decal size is approx. 2046 x 1072 - I say approx. as I can't find where this is defined and I've roughly measured it by eye on the screen. Any image size above this will be cropped on the top and right edge.

But, using this extension with an appropriate sized decal and relevant sizing of the FG window, you can get your decal to fill the screen:

Tel Arin
September 16th, 2016, 14:22
Thank you Trenloe. Kudos for you!