PDA

View Full Version : Users Manual

SalmonElla
September 6th, 2005, 01:19
Is there a users manual that explains all the things in FG? I am not talkingabout FantasyGroundsManual.pdf...

Goblin-King
September 6th, 2005, 07:18
Documentation (especially when it comes to more technical stuff such as ruleset modifications, XML details and the scripting to come) is something we want to focus on with the next, 1.06 patch. We have an online help section planned for that, including a reference that will contain more low level stuff than is currently available. We do know there's a need for this, and we're working on it.

Snikle
September 6th, 2005, 17:26
What about setting something up inside the program (not sure if that is what you meant by online, or you mean actually online on ths site)? A quick reference lookup like you have there for the d20 ruleset would be nice.
If it was done in XML, you could probably get input from the users here on the forums to add stuff to this help, helping it grow most likely considerably fast than if you limited it to just the inhouse people there.

SalmonElla
September 6th, 2005, 20:41
Goblin-King,
Thank you for pointing out the light at the end of the tunnel :)
I am muddling through custom changes but it is somewhat painful. :(
I eagerly await the new version.

Toadwart
September 23rd, 2005, 04:00
Yeeha! That's some mighty good news :D
I've managed to make some fairly extensive changes to the charactersheet for my custom ruleset but more documtation will reduce my brain strain :wink: