PDA

View Full Version : ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 503 Service, Retrying in 10 seconds

yeknom
September 10th, 2016, 15:30
What is this error and how do I get it to stop?

ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 503 Service, Retrying in 10 seconds

Nothing on my notebook or my desktop has changed since I last connected to Fantasy Grounds. Nothing has changed on my network either. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2016, 15:34
It means there are issues communication with the Fantasy Grounds servers to do the update. Leave it 5-10 minutes and try again.

However, it may be that there has been some security issues and that your IP address may now be in a blocked range. If you still can't update after 24 hours email support@ fantasygrounds.com with your current public IP address letting them know that you are having update issues and asking them to check that your IP address isn't blocked.

yeknom
September 10th, 2016, 15:43
Thanks Trenloe, I will try that. I was hoping to use FG in my live game tomorrow but it isn't looking like that is going to happen.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2016, 15:46
Do you *need* to run an update? If you've been using Fantasy Grounds OK previously is there anything specific you need to run an update for, like a new purchase? If not, can you get by without updating?

yeknom
September 10th, 2016, 15:52
No, I don't need to really. For some reason that never crossed my mind. Thanks again, Trenloe.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2016, 15:54
No, I don't need to really.
Cool, it will have to be sorted out if it's a long term issue. But you should be able to game tomorrow! If you're the GM and there are still issues connecting to the FG server then you may need to disable your alias and give the players your External host address to connect - try the alias first, but if there are issues then give the players the IP address.

damned
September 10th, 2016, 16:14
yeknom has an Ultimate license - players might have issues if they are blocked too?
yeknom you should send your external IP address to [email protected] and explain what is happening.

JohnD
September 10th, 2016, 16:42
I had this on a couple of products when I did my update last night to get the Ultimate NPCs pack.

yeknom
September 11th, 2016, 15:12
Anyone have any suggestions on why this may be? I am still getting the error and I made sure all three FG.exe files were allowed through my firewall.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2016, 15:19
As suggested in post #2 and #7, email [email protected] with your IP address and ask them to check if you are being blocked on their end.

yeknom
September 12th, 2016, 03:55
As suggested in post #2 and #7, email [email protected] with your IP address and ask them to check if you are being blocked on their end.

I probably should have made it clear that I have already done that and this was the response I was given: "This is either a network problem between you and our server, or an indication that there is a firewall or anti-virus program blocking access to the updater for Fantasy Grounds. Can you make sure that you have all the programs within C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\ marked as allowed?"

I have done that as well and am at a loss as to why I cannot update. If it weren't for the investment I have already made with FG I'd switch to Roll20 just to avoid this kind of issue and if I can't solve it I may just end up doing that anyways. Thanks anyways for trying though any help is always better than no help :)

damned
September 12th, 2016, 04:42
yeknom send me your email address in a PM and Ill work thru it with you.

yeknom
September 12th, 2016, 12:04
Thanks again Damned for trying to help. It is still not working, is there anyone who has a working solution for this?

damned
September 12th, 2016, 12:11
Hi yeknom as discussed something on your computer is preventing the updater from accessing the network. The only thing I could see on there software-wise was the alibaba/alipay protection software. Do a backup and try using System Restore back to a date before you last used the Updater successfully.

yeknom
September 12th, 2016, 13:19
I did a system restore, same result. It is the third system restore that I have done since noticing the issue.

ddavison
September 12th, 2016, 14:15
I just sent through another email with some things to check.

Mellock
September 12th, 2016, 18:45
I'm probably gonna put my foot in my mouth here, but did you try it with the -p option to run it on a different port? I know of at least one ISP that thinks it should block certain ports because they do not allow you to run a server on general policy, and it caused quite a few lost hours trying to fix a computer that was perfectly fine.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2016, 19:56
The -p option is only if you're going to host as a GM or the GM you're connecting to is using a custom port. This won't effect being able to do an update.

@yeknom - check what Windows reports your network as. If it is not private/home then you'll probably need to make sure that non-private communication for the FG updater executable is enabled in whichever security app you use on your computer.

yeknom
September 13th, 2016, 09:24
Came home from work today, did nothing to my pc or to FG (the PC has been off since last night). Turned it on and tried to update and update started working. I haven't the faintest clue as to why but at least it is working now. Thanks to all who chimed in and tried to help.