PDA

View Full Version : Issues whit save

Masbrack
September 10th, 2016, 15:27
Hello,
It may be a bit long ... I bought a Fantasy Grounds license and I installed it, do I start the program and all is well. I decide to fully use FG to buy a module, so I bought Princes of the Apocalypse. Since I installed it I have a console that appears at startup FG and here are the messages that are displayed:
Notice Runtime Host session started
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C: / Program Files (x86) / Fantasy Grounds / GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C: / Program Files (x86) / Fantasy Grounds / campaigns / Princes of the Apocalypse
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C: / Program Files (x86) / Fantasy Grounds / campaigns / Princes of the Apocalypse / CampaignRegistry.lua) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C: / Program Files (x86) / Fantasy Grounds / campaigns / Princes of the Apocalypse / db.xml) - Error (2): No such file or directory
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
If I understand well the automatic backups are not done. The above example will cause problems because I could not do the campaign in one session!
(We could try ;-)). My OS is Windows 8.1. How do I make it work? Thank you for your help !

Zacchaeus
September 10th, 2016, 15:38
You are suffering from a permissions error, which is preventing FG from being able to save data. Your data folder should not be in Program Files (x86) since windows doesn't allow you to save into that folder.

If you go into Settings from the first screen when you load up FG and you'll see a line for Data directory. Click on the button beside that and navigate to Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds. Now click OK and then run an update. Hopefully that should solve your problem.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2016, 15:38
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Masbrack
September 10th, 2016, 15:43
Ok i see. So the best solution is to move my folder ? Ok thanks for the help !