PDA

View Full Version : About Weight and equipement

Smoltok
September 9th, 2016, 14:36
Hi all,

Just a simple question, why when you change the number of an equipment, the weight didn't change ?

I had to do it myself or I forgot somethings ?

Smoltok

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2016, 14:41
Hi all,

Just a simple question, why when you change the number of an equipment, the weight didn't change ?

I had to do it myself or I forgot somethings ?

Smoltok

It doesn't change the weight of the item on the inventory list (that's just the weight of one item and won't therefore change).

However the total weight in the 'current' box at the bottom of the inventory screen does change to reflect the new weight

Smoltok
September 9th, 2016, 14:52
It doesn't change the weight of the item on the inventory list (that's just the weight of one item and won't therefore change).

However the total weight in the 'current' box at the bottom of the inventory screen does change to reflect the new weight

OMFG !

Where were my eyes ???

Thanks for the precision Zacchaeus !

Octavious
September 11th, 2016, 00:03
Also if you change the weight of an item to reflect the number of items your total weight will get really messed up .. an example... if a foo weighs 2 lbs and you have 5 foos and you manually change the weight to 10 lbs then FG will adjust the total to 5 x 10 making your total weight for foos an additional 50 lbs.... because it thinks each foo weighs 10 lbs instead of 2 lbs.

Nickademus
September 11th, 2016, 00:48
So. You can never have too much foo. Dump some other gear to make room. *sagenod*

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2016, 06:30
So. You can never have too much foo. Dump some other gear to make room. *sagenod*
+ 1

Willot
September 11th, 2016, 06:47
What I like to do is create items called Platinum Coin,Gold Coin,Silver Coin,Copper Coin etc and give them a weight each of about 0.33lbs. (instead of the usual way. The money is Acually in your inventory) NOW lets see them take that 50,000 copper pieces!!!!

MarianDz
September 11th, 2016, 08:26
What I like to do is create items called Platinum Coin,Gold Coin,Silver Coin,Copper Coin etc and give them a weight each of about 0.33lbs. (instead of the usual way. The money is Acually in your inventory) NOW lets see them take that 50,000 copper pieces!!!!

Weight for coins is good idea, players will have more realistic view and dont want take everything at once. +1

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2016, 11:50

That's some pretty heavy coins. In early editions Gold pieces were weighed in at 10 = 1 lb, so 0.1. In 3e onward it's approximately 50 to the lb, so .02 each. Historically you'd get about 26 gold pieces to the lb, so about .04lb. each.

Willot
December 25th, 2016, 21:18
That's some pretty heavy coins. In early editions Gold pieces were weighed in at 10 = 1 lb, so 0.1. In 3e onward it's approximately 50 to the lb, so .02 each. Historically you'd get about 26 gold pieces to the lb, so about .04lb. each.

OOPS! Just double checked my campaign and yep I made a mistake 0.033 lbs Not 0.33lbs

BubbaGrim
December 28th, 2016, 23:39
In my campaign I have an item in the players inventory called coin weight, it's set for .02. They then just add up the number of coins they're carrying and update that number in their inventory. It's led to some interesting discussions about what to leave behind to carry more coin. <grin>

Tyronius
April 20th, 2020, 03:06
Anyone know how to remove the weight of an item from your "Current" because it is being stored in a Bag of Holding or Quiver of Ehlonna?

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2020, 04:30
Click the icon on the right of the item line. It toggles between 'worn', 'carried' 'uncarried' (or similar)

Tyronius
April 20th, 2020, 04:35
Of course, thank you. If it was a snake...

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2020, 06:50
Of course, thank you. If it was a snake...
Not a problem. There are a thousand things to learn about FG. And then some :)

Paperclipkiller
April 20th, 2020, 14:45
Alternatively you can create PC just for say a Bag of Holding. That way you can track the weight of what's in it easily. Put stuff into that bag by dragging it from your Inventory to the Bag PC. It's how my group does it. It works rather well.

Tyronius
May 8th, 2020, 23:31
Love how there are multiple ways to do things in fantasy grounds.