PDA

View Full Version : 5e ruleset, numenera not loading

ysabeau1
September 8th, 2016, 16:38
Hi! I have my Fantasy grounds app and dat directory set to a custom location on my PC. I can see the 5e ruleset in the rulesets folder, and when I click update, it is downloading all the correct updates to this location. However, when I open the launcher, It isn't loading that ruleset. I can only view my Pathfinder and 3.5 materials, and those don't appear to be saving correctly. (Might be drawing from an old location) I used to have my folders in a different location. It seems like it is trying to launch by default from another location. I would like to start with a clean install, by uninstalling everything, however I can't find a way to uninstall the program. There is no uninstall shortcut that I can find. I am running Windows 10. Any ideas?

Trenloe
September 8th, 2016, 16:42
Yeah, messing around with the default locations has probably caused this.

I'd recommend running the base installer again.

Delete everything from your current application directory (as set in your settings).
Backup everything from your FG app data directory (the one you get to by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen), then delete this data (not the backup).
Delete any shortcuts you have that start Fantasy Grounds (these could be looking at an old location).
Download the FG installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe
Run the installer.
After installation make sure you enter your FG license key and FG username/password in the settings screen and run an update.
Make sure that the shortcut you use to launch FG is pointing at the right location.

ysabeau1
September 8th, 2016, 19:17
OK, this didn't work. I deleted the FG data from all the folders on my computer after saving my data to a usb drive. I reinstalled to the programs folder, and it now isn't loading any of the rulesets or data. What is the original default app data folder that Fantasy Grounds installs to? Maybe it is trying to pull data from there. When I click on the folder icon on the launcher, it pulls up the programs folder I installed to.

Yeah, messing around with the default locations has probably caused this.

I'd recommend running the base installer again.

Delete everything from your current application directory (as set in your settings).
Backup everything from your FG app data directory (the one you get to by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen), then delete this data (not the backup).
Delete any shortcuts you have that start Fantasy Grounds (these could be looking at an old location).
Download the FG installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe
Run the installer.
After installation make sure you enter your FG license key and FG username/password in the settings screen and run an update.
Make sure that the shortcut you use to launch FG is pointing at the right location.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2016, 19:32
OK, this didn't work. I deleted the FG data from all the folders on my computer after saving my data to a usb drive. I reinstalled to the programs folder, and it now isn't loading any of the rulesets or data. What is the original default app data folder that Fantasy Grounds installs to? Maybe it is trying to pull data from there. When I click on the folder icon on the launcher, it pulls up the programs folder I installed to.

Did you make sure you did step #6? That's the part that should download all the rulesets. Enter your username and click Update. Then you'll enter your password too and the Update option on the other screen and it will download all the rulesets.

ysabeau1
September 8th, 2016, 20:08
Did you make sure you did step #6? That's the part that should download all the rulesets. Enter your username and click Update. Then you'll enter your password too and the Update option on the other screen and it will download all the rulesets.

Yes, I did step number 6. Part of the problem seems to be that the app data folder tab on the launcher won't point to the right place. It doesn't match the app data location in the settings.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2016, 20:13
Yes, I did step number 6. Part of the problem seems to be that the app data folder tab on the launcher won't point to the right place. It doesn't match the app data location in the settings.
After you've changed/verified the directory settings in the "General" section of the "Settings" window you'll need to restart FG to read the settings and use them when you click the folder icon. Note that the folder icon on the main launch screen will point to the location specified in the "Data Directory" you have entered in the settings. Make sure this is a valid directory by using the "..." button to select the directory.

And make sure that the shortcut you are using to start FG points to FantasyGrounds.exe in the directory you have set in the "App Directory" in settings.

ysabeau1
September 8th, 2016, 21:05
After you've changed/verified the directory settings in the "General" section of the "Settings" window you'll need to restart FG to read the settings and use them when you click the folder icon. Note that the folder icon on the main launch screen will point to the location specified in the "Data Directory" you have entered in the settings. Make sure this is a valid directory by using the "..." button to select the directory.

And make sure that the shortcut you are using to start FG points to FantasyGrounds.exe in the directory you have set in the "App Directory" in settings.

The folder icon in the Data Directory does not point to the location entered in settings. It keeps defaulting to the app directory. Also, I am not using a shortcut to start FG, I am using the exe file directly from the installed location.

I have even tried updating the data directory to the app directory folder, since it keeps defaulting there, and it doesn't pick up any info that way either.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2016, 21:24
OK, we're going to have to clear all of your installation settings. With Fantasy Grounds closed, open Windows registry editor (press the Windows key+r and type regedit then press return. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and delete the "Fantasy Grounds" section.

Then do a re-install using the web installer here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe and don't change any of the default installation settings. And make sure to follow step 6 in post #2. Don't change the default directories, even after you've installed.