PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Long-Term Campaign All Days of the Week GMT+1 Time Zone prefer 5E

Drizzard
September 7th, 2016, 21:58
FG License: Paid License.
Time Zone: GMT+1 / CEST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for weekend games!
Term: Preferably as long term as possible!
Voice: Yes, have full access to voice and webcam if needed.

Game System Preferred: D&D5e.
Game System Experience: D&D3.5e, Pathfinder, D&D5e
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have been part of a great Strahd campaign for a few months now, I have a good handle on the FG app.

Character Type Preferred: No preferences.
About me:
Hey there,

I'm interested in joining a long-running campaign. I am available every day, though prefer the weekends, and ideally I'm looking for a weekly or twice-per-week game. My ideal times are from 19.00 upwards, but I can adapt. I have experience with both pathfinder, D&D3.5 and the epic D&D5e.

My interest in a long-running campaign mostly stems because I like to get to know my fellow players and characters, as well as the world and the consequences in it. I do not like having to rush or force through a campaign, preferring to take my time and even roleplay a bit.

A little information about me:
I am a 25 year old male with a full time job, from the Netherlands. I'm fluent in both english and dutch and an avid roleplayer and D&D enthusiast. I am open to play a wide viarity of characters and do not mind having to play certain classes or races. Ideally I am looking for a campaign that allows 50% combat, 50% RP. I do not like a combat-only min-maxing type of game.

Hopefully I can find a dedicated and experienced GM to join along on adventures with!

Landberry
September 9th, 2016, 16:26
If you are interested we need one player for tomorrow, it will be from 7PM-11PM EST (It will be around 9PM-12AM for you) If you are interested just send me a message. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2162 here is the link to the calendar game.

Drizzard
September 9th, 2016, 17:29
If you are interested we need one player for tomorrow, it will be from 7PM-11PM EST (It will be around 9PM-12AM for you) If you are interested just send me a message. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2162 here is the link to the calendar game.

That sounds wonderful! PMing you as we speech!

Drizzard
September 10th, 2016, 17:37
Sadly due to time-zone constraints things didn't work out.

Still looking for a 5e game that's compatible with GMT+1 times.

Drizzard
September 14th, 2016, 14:42
Weekend times are alot more flexible for me!

Drizzard
September 26th, 2016, 18:24
Still searching for that weekend game!

Drizzard
October 2nd, 2016, 14:28
I guess FG is not that popular for my time zone?

damned
October 3rd, 2016, 07:25
If you are a new player looking for games your best bet is always going to be the following:

1. Work out your Timezone and Availability in: UTC, UTC+2, PST/PDT, MST/MDT, CST/CDT, EST/EDT, UTC+9 (Japan), AEST and UTC+12 (NZ). These are the most common timezones that games get advertised in. Work out your availability on each day and how it reads in these timezones.
2. Even if you *really* want to play 5e or any specific ruleset for that matter, accept that you might not find your ideal game in your ideal timeslot, so open your mind to the possibility that some other game system might also be fun AND you will meet other players and other GMs every time you play. Most groups will recruit someone they know (and like!) before they recruit someone they dont know yet.
3. Set your location in your profile, your Timezone in your profile settings, consider adding a signature that tells us something useful about you - favourite genres, favourite systems, availability, favourite quote - whatever...
4. Trawl this forum often. Often is every day.
5. Read every LFP post - read back 2 weeks the first time and from then on you just need to read the new/updated posts. Read every post where a GM is looking for players regardless of the ruleset. Many GMs/Groups play lots of stuff (my group plays 5e, Castles&Crusades, CallOfCthulhu, TrailOfCthulhu, StarWars, SavageWorlds, Shadowrun, DungeonWorld) so you might start playing something that sort of suits you and find an awesome group who just have a great time playing together. But back on track Read the post and how the GM wants you to apply - some want PMs or Calendar or a Post.
6. Apply! And make sure you respond to questions and invites. And if a game isnt working for you - have a chat with the GM and excuse yourself. Dont disappear without an explanation - remember that bit about people playing with people they know - and like - dont burn your bridges.

In the meantime check out FG Con 9 and play some games.