PDA

View Full Version : Effect save DC incorrect

SpiritofFire
September 7th, 2016, 16:50
Hi,

Wizard has an incapacitating spell set up as an action. When the spell is cast, it uses the correct DC14 to hit. But the incapacitated spell-effect has a save DC10. How do I get it to use the correct DC so I don't have to manually update each effect with a save?

Nylanfs
September 7th, 2016, 17:05
Make sure your spell group is using the correct attribute.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2016, 17:48
You'll find more information here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Spells)

If the character was created by drag/drop this shouldn't be necessary since the correct ability should be set up automatically. However if the character was done manually and/or messed about with then the ability might well be wrong.

SpiritofFire
September 7th, 2016, 21:53
If the character was created by drag/drop this shouldn't be necessary since the correct ability should be set up automatically. However if the character was done manually and/or messed about with then the ability might well be wrong.

Yea, it was done by drag/drop from Player's Handbook.

The spell's save DC listed on the action page is correct. I made sure the spell's property was 8+prof+int. It's the effect's "save ends" DC that is too low.

If the target fails the DC14 save (correct), it gets hit with the spell's effect. The target then attempts to remove the effect on its turn w/ saving throw (DC10 - incorrect).

So far, I've been manually altering the applied effect on the combat tracker, but this is a hassle with a lot of button clicks.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2016, 22:10
Which spell?

SpiritofFire
September 7th, 2016, 22:21
Which spell?

Tasha's hideous laughter.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2016, 22:34
The saving throw is correct. It's the same saving throw at the end as the beginning. Just drag the saving throw button from the player's action tab onto the creature needing to make the saving throw and it will make the roll.

SpiritofFire
September 7th, 2016, 23:02
The saving throw is correct. It's the same saving throw at the end as the beginning. Just drag the saving throw button from the player's action tab onto the creature needing to make the saving throw and it will make the roll.

Oh, you have to do it like that...I see...so the DC attribute of the effect in the combat tracker doesn't matter?

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2016, 23:16
Player actions don't show on the Combat Tracker. Are we talking at cross purposes here? Are you talking about an NPC?

SpiritofFire
September 8th, 2016, 01:03
Player actions don't show on the Combat Tracker. Are we talking at cross purposes here? Are you talking about an NPC?

I meant the spell's effect. The incapacitated effect is applied to target on combat tracker with DC10

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2016, 12:05
Alright, see the screen shot.

Bob the Wizard has targeted the Black Bear on the Combat Tracker. He has then clicked on the 'Cast' button on his character sheet and as you can see from the chat the Black Bear has made a Wisdom saving throw which resulted in a failure. Bob has then applied the effect to the bear by clicking on the 'Effect' button on his character sheet. If the Bear takes damage or when it comes around to his turn the Bear needs to make another Wisdom Saving throw. In order to do that Bob will have to drag the 'Save' button onto the Bear.

As you can see from the screenshot all the saves are being made at DC 13 which with Bob's Intelligence of 16 is correct. As you can also see there is no saving throw details on the CT, apart from the effect of Prone and Incapacitated. The bit after NOTE: is just that, a note. It doesn't (and isn't meant to ) do anything. It's for information only. It's a reminder to make a save again at the end of the turn or on damage and that the effect potentially lasts for 10 turns.

More information on how to use spells in the action tab can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Spells).

Hopefully this helps but if not do keep posting so we can get you sorted out.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2016, 16:10
Yeah, it's showing D: 10 not DC: 10. D = Duration.

Also, if you still have the bear targeted you can just click the save button, you don't need to drag it to the bear - use whatever your comfortable with, FG targeting, drag to the bear in the CT, drag to the bear's token on the map. FG allows for multiple ways for the player and GM to trigger saves and other actions.

SpiritofFire
September 8th, 2016, 20:15
Oh.... Well that was embarrassing. Thanks for explaining! My group is all new to fantasy grounds and we were really thrown off.