PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead - YWG | Savage Worlds

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 09:02
How many hours are in a day, when you don't spend half of them watching television? When is the last time any of us REALLY worked to get something that we wanted? How long has it been since any of us really NEEDED something that we WANTED? The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of weeks, society has crumbled; no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV, no internet. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.

The Walking Dead - YWG will be a Savage Worlds campaign making use of the War of the Dead source material as a starting point. Games will be every 2nd or 3rd Tuesday evenings, likely starting around 7 PM Central and ending between 9 and 9:30 PM so nobody makes any mistakes in the salt mines the next morning.

Time: the near future (Spring 2017).
Place: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

With TWD - WYG I'm hoping to try something a little different, but it isn't mandatory. I'd like people to consider creating themselves in the SW rules... so in effect you'd be playing yourself in a Zombie Apocalypse type scenario. But as I said it isn't mandatory.

I currently have six players after just one day of soft recruiting. I'd like to add two more to that number. If we have not gamed together before, you will begin play with a pre-generated character. Later, you will have the opportunity to create a new character; a "real you". When you do so, experience gained with your pre-generated character will be carried forward to the "real you". There will be roughly ten characters for you to choose from and a basic outline to get an idea about each of them.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2168

If you are interested, don't just throw your name into the campaign page and RP the strong/silent type; reach out to me via a PM. :)

JohnD
September 8th, 2016, 21:48
A teaser screenshot....

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33953-The-Walking-Dead-Winnipeg&p=288437#post288437

Mask_of_winter
September 9th, 2016, 02:36
I'm very tempted to join.

JohnD
September 14th, 2016, 04:29
Happy to have you... would bring us up to full capacity in the player list. Just drop me a PM with an email address if you're still interested.

Outcast 2-4
September 16th, 2016, 11:04
Hi JohnD,

I tried PM'ing you but it said that your mail box is full. Do you still have room in this campaign?

Thanks

JohnD
September 16th, 2016, 14:50
Hi. Sorry about that; cleared some messages. Will know more next Wednesday.

Outcast 2-4
September 16th, 2016, 23:40
Sounds good. I'll check back then.

JohnD
October 19th, 2016, 04:39
So... after a bit of a delay for that pesky pneumonia and real life discombobulation, we got underway tonight.

I feel like I may have done something wrong since nobody except for my NPC/PC needed to use any Bennies. Unfortunately, all the Bennies in the world couldn't help poor Nick....