PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead | Winnipeg

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 07:36
A screenshot/teaser of my upcoming The Walking Dead | Winnipeg game.

Using Savage Worlds with the War of the Dead source material to guide me, the outbreak is set in Spring 2017, and these particular struggles to survive will take place in my home city of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

In this screenshot, soldiers of a Canadian Army reconnaissance unit (what's left of them that is...) huddle behind a blue Chevy truck, their corporal, although wounded, is directing fire against the oncoming undead. A hazmat suit equipped soldier takes cover behind an abandoned silver Prius on the road, but has neglected to check his six, and thus does not see a recently turned Walker approaching from the rear of the car. The soldiers have their operational HVT in tow - a medical doctor who they are trying to rescue and bring back to headquarters. The physician huddles behind the truck catching his breath. The doctor's nurse, bitten earlier, has recently expired in the cargo bed of the truck.

The soldiers are currently confident, but it is early in the days after the outbreak, and they haven't learned the necessity for operational silence, and have been dropping brass casings, firing at will almost during their attempted running extraction from a upper middle class residential neighbourhood. The team is almost black on ammo and will be reduced to their combat knives or entrenching tools.

Mask_of_winter
September 7th, 2016, 13:17
Looks awesome!
I bet if the Canadian soldiers ask the walkers to leave, they won't be able to resist Canadian politeness and they will go away.

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 15:18
Most Walkers are polite; they just take one bite and keep moving that than gorging themselves.

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 18:28
Although... that physician has a reputation for being a massive delta bravo, so he might get the full treatment if the time comes.

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 18:55
Dupe...

NotRussellCrowe
September 7th, 2016, 19:22
That can't be Winnipeg, there are no mosquitoes visible.

JohnD
September 8th, 2016, 01:58
That can't be Winnipeg, there are no mosquitoes visible.

The Mayor assured everyone that fake fogging was done while everyone was sleeping and nobody heard it. Maybe that's the cause of the outbreak.

jshauber
September 8th, 2016, 13:34
The Mayor assured everyone that fake fogging was done while everyone was sleeping and nobody heard it. Maybe that's the cause of the outbreak.

Damn politicians, can't trust any of them...