PDA

View Full Version : Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

Dragontail
September 6th, 2016, 15:04
I think im missing something or doing it wrong? I just purched the adventurer's guide but none of the options (example backgrounds) are useable like they are in players hand book. I can only find them in the reference manual and I have to type them out instead of drag and drop like the PHB. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Or should it not auto populate?

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2016, 15:14
There are two volumes to the Sword Coast Adventure Guide; a DM guide and a players guide. All of the class, background, feat and race options are available the players guide and all of them are fully usable via drag/drop just as in the PHB.

Dragontail
September 6th, 2016, 15:16
Thanks Zacc... I stoped when I saw the Campaign guide and didnt look for anything else...

Dragontail
September 6th, 2016, 15:17
Btw is there a way to incorporate them all into a single book? Ie I have backgrounds from SCAG and PHB is there a way to put them all in same tab without opening different books(modules) to get the information?

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2016, 15:20
Btw is there a way to incorporate them all into a single book? Ie I have backgrounds from SCAG and PHB is there a way to put them all in same tab without opening different books(modules) to get the information?

You can make your own story entry and put all the links from all of your sources in there. You will still have to have them all open, but this allows you to make your own set of consolidated lists. This will be just in your one campaign, but you can export it to use it as a module in another campaign.

Dragontail
September 6th, 2016, 15:35
Can I load them for me to see. but not pcs. Drop them into the story and share the story so they pc's can open it without access to all the other stuff? (just being a control freak at this point)

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2016, 15:48
The easiest way is to have both volumes open and shared with your players.

You are still going to have to share both volumes with your players if you want then to see the content, even if you do as LordEntrals suggest and put the links onto a story sheet. They still need access to create their characters.
In answer to your original question there isn't a way you can merge the backgrounds from the PHB with SCAG. However if you have both volumes available then the archetypes from both will be available from a single options window during character creation.

Dragontail
September 6th, 2016, 17:06
Hey Zac, that last option would only be open if they also had all the same books as I or if they made the character on my actual computer (vs at home on theirs without the books)

Also i justed watched the create character video since I have been making them in campaigns instead of locally. and I am unsure how to use the points costs option without going to an external source to do it. Suggestions?

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2016, 17:22
The suggestion I made only makes links to the originals. That's why you still have to have open and shared both the PHB and SCAG PG.

You should be able to share the SCAG PG to the players without worry, that's why it's broken into two modules/references. But if you don't want to share the whole thing, you can share individual entries/links. But there will probably be a lot of those.

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2016, 17:24
Open up your Library and find the PHB and the Sword Coast Adventure Players Guide. Drag the green tick to the small empty space to the right of the book. When your players' next join your game both of those volumes will be d/l to their computers and they will have them available to create their characters. As long as they have both volumes open they will have access to all the options in both volumes.

From the start up screen select 'Manage characters' from the menu. This will take you to the manage characters option. In there one of the ways you can create the character is using the point buy system. I think you need to set it up yourself. More information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management).

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2016, 17:26
Yes, just to be clear, when I said share both volumes I meant the PHB and the Player's guide for Sword Coast. The campaign guide is GM only and should not be shared. I can see where our conversation might be diverging in the understanding part here.

rob2e
September 6th, 2016, 19:54
When 3.2 drops, won't it be possible to have ALL source books open and have searchable, separated links available for all sources simultaneously?

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2016, 20:24
When 3.2 drops, won't it be possible to have ALL source books open and have searchable, separated links available for all sources simultaneously?

A good point

Dragontail
September 7th, 2016, 00:53
When does 3.2 drop?

Dragontail
September 7th, 2016, 00:54
How do i make it look like that image Zac?

rob2e
September 7th, 2016, 00:56
When does 3.2 drop?

Soon (no date). You can test it by going into the settings on the FG home page and setting it to DEV mode.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2016, 01:19
You can test it by going into the settings on the FG home page and setting it to DEV mode.
Use test mode, do not use dev mode unless instructed by the developers.

rob2e
September 7th, 2016, 01:21
Use test mode, do not use dev mode unless instructed by the developers.

Yikes! My bad.

JohnD
September 7th, 2016, 03:24
A good point