PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures Sept Release - Tombs & Crypts Vol #1

Thore_Ironrock
September 3rd, 2005, 01:13
Tombs & Crypts, Vol #1
A Fantasy Grounds Adventure Series
Compiled by Kevin W. Melka

This product contains three different burial tombs, each presenting a different challenge for your players. Both tomb raider and protector of the kingdom will find enjoyment in exploring these ancient crypts, with various plot hooks provided to suit any campaign -- all for less than a $1 a tomb!.

An adventure for 4th - 7th levels characters suitable for any campaign setting. This downloadable product contains everything you need to play this adventure with the Fantasy Grounds software.

To download this adventure from RPGNow go to:

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5402&

For more information on previous and future releases from Digital Adventures visit our website at:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/

Happy Gaming!

Ilwan
September 3rd, 2005, 11:03
I miss a screenshot. Could we get one?

Thore_Ironrock
September 3rd, 2005, 12:55

I typically don't do screenshots for the adventures. Tends to give it away for the players. :wink:

Each Tomb is 5-6 chambers/encounters. Player and DM maps done in DunDjinni. Uses the default d20 ruleset.

Regards,

gurney9999
September 6th, 2005, 18:01
I see there are maps... are any custom tokens included?

Thore_Ironrock
September 6th, 2005, 22:55
I see there are maps... are any custom tokens included?

No ... sorry. For the most part I don't have the resources for tokens at this time. However, TONS of people are posting links for tokens, so I'm sure you can find them if you search the forum.

Ilwan
September 7th, 2005, 09:50

I typically don't do screenshots for the adventures. Tends to give it away for the players. :wink:

Each Tomb is 5-6 chambers/encounters. Player and DM maps done in DunDjinni. Uses the default d20 ruleset.

Regards,

I dont think it gives it away for the players as potiental buyers almost always are DMs.
I just have a problem buying something that hasnt appealed my eye in some way.

gurney9999
September 7th, 2005, 19:51
No ... sorry. For the most part I don't have the resources for tokens at this time. However, TONS of people are posting links for tokens, so I'm sure you can find them if you search the forum.No problems there.

You guys are at the forefront of creating products for FG, which is awesome, and the price is right! I believe though that your customer base will be looking for custom art as well as the written content (artwork in an FG module being images, maps, and tokens that can be used on maps such as monster tokens, treasure tokens, trap tokens, etc.).

Then again, maybe not... just something to think about.

Thore_Ironrock
September 7th, 2005, 22:46
Then again, maybe not... just something to think about.

It's really not a question of "thinking about it" gurney, it's simple money mechanics.

If I have art to work with on a project (like I did with Complete Minions), then I'm more than happy to include it because it doesn't cost me money. If I have no art, then I have to pay to have it done. Doing this would cause me to increase the budget for the project, and hence increase the cost to my FG customers -- likely double.

In other words, instead of $2.50 for a short adventure, I would then have to charge $5. Unfortunately, art is (or can be) one of the greatest expenses for a publisher, and right now I think it's more important to keep the cost down rather than make things look "pretty" by adding fluff artwork. If these were printed products, that would be another story.

That said, in the near future I hope to have more publisher's products converted to FG, and hopefully that will include art and maps that are already paid for by the publisher.

I hope that explains my position gurney.

:D

gurney9999
September 8th, 2005, 19:45
Sure does! Thanks for the opportunity to discuss. :D

gurney9999
September 14th, 2005, 14:44
Actually, a follow-up question... what type of application is your team using to create maps? Just wondering what style of drawings the maps are in: artistic in nature, like the maps seen on this site, using photoshop or Fireworks, or from a mapping program like CC2, Dundjinni, and the like?

Thore_Ironrock
September 14th, 2005, 22:40
Actually, a follow-up question... what type of application is your team using to create maps? Just wondering what style of drawings the maps are in: artistic in nature, like the maps seen on this site, using photoshop or Fireworks, or from a mapping program like CC2, Dundjinni, and the like?

I'm using DunDjinni with the license-free art and free art posted in their forums by users. I create the base map there, then add lettering and other things in Photoshop. Been working well for me so far. 8)

gurney9999
September 15th, 2005, 17:58
Thanks Thore. Dundjinni is a great product.

I wish I wasn't color blind, though. Some of the color palette combinations in Dundjinni maps are hard on my eyes.