PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Equipment Links on PHB Class quick creation guidelines

Galach
September 5th, 2016, 20:19
Didn’t find anything like that – at least, by the post title – so here I go.

Is it possible to provide links for the gear listed under character quick creation and backgrounds (PHB), instead of just the plain text, so when I am creating a new character using the quick creation guide, I can just drag and drop that gear in the character sheet, right from my class window, instead of opening the equipment window?

Think that would be speed things up even more, especially when creating quick characters for conventions or similar situations.

Tnx!

Gwydion
September 5th, 2016, 21:04
Not sure how you would do that given even for the quick creation there are multiple options. When I'm creating several characters, I open the PHB and then drag down the backgrounds, weapons and armor links to my hotlink bar to make creation quicker. Best I can offer although I'm sure you have done that!

Zacchaeus
September 5th, 2016, 21:18
At present it wouldn't be possible. The par5ing tool isn't geared up to create links in that area of the reference manual so it would require a re-write. You can make the suggestion here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

Galach
September 11th, 2016, 05:29
At present it wouldn't be possible. The par5ing tool isn't geared up to create links in that area of the reference manual so it would require a re-write. You can make the suggestion here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

Well, but aren't the other links (suggested background, class illustrative image, class features, etc) on the character entry working just like that? If I drag and drop a class feature from class entry on character sheet, it will be pasted there, as a link to the appropriated entry on the reference manual, for example.

This image shows what I was thinking about: 15276

damned
September 11th, 2016, 06:17
Hi Galach it is absolutely possible to do. What Zacchaeus is talking about is the tool that is used to convert SmiteWorks master reference file into a manual doesnt have this functionality. They could add it in manually to the finished product but would have to do that each time they repar5ed with updates or add this feature to the Par5e tool. Vote for it on the wishlist as it would be handy - its probably just not that high on the to do list at this time :)

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2016, 12:31
Actually in the non public version of par5e (which was what I tested on before my previous reply) it is possible to link to weapons etc. It would therefore be possible to create a link in the class and/or backgrounds to specific weapons/armour or weapons/armour/equipment lists. Looking at the options for most classes though you are going to have to have the lists open anyway since you have a choice. In your example you have a choice of many possible weapons so you'll need the weapons list open. Whilst I imagine it would be handy to have a link to the weapon or armour or equipment lists, it isn't really going to speed things up all that much.
I'll add it into the 'bugs' list so Zeus can have a look and see what he thinks.

Galach
September 11th, 2016, 14:29
Hi Galach it is absolutely possible to do. What Zacchaeus is talking about is the tool that is used to convert SmiteWorks master reference file into a manual doesnt have this functionality. They could add it in manually to the finished product but would have to do that each time they repar5ed with updates or add this feature to the Par5e tool. Vote for it on the wishlist as it would be handy - its probably just not that high on the to do list at this time :)

Thanks for the explanation, damned. I never really used Par5e (or any of it's counterparts), so I know in general what it do, but not how, or the full extent of the tool capabilities. I will vote there, because yes, I think it would be nice to have this feature available, but definitely it is not a deal breaker... lol

Whilst I imagine it would be handy to have a link to the weapon or armour or equipment lists, it isn't really going to speed things up all that much.
I'll add it into the 'bugs' list so Zeus can have a look and see what he thinks.

Well, that "idea" occurred to me while I was creating very quick characters for my game on FG Con. I was just picking what is given on the first option in class/background equipment choices, never bothering about the lists, but you are right, if someone choose to take the second option, aiming to customize gear, that won't speed things a bit.

Finally, with the damned explanation, and depending on the complexity to achieve that, is better not worry about that right now. I am certain that are plenty of more important things to FG staff to focus on and even if this "feature" could be handy in my opinion, it is not something that will impair or bog down the game, so not worth to worry about while are higher priority things to be done.

:)

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2016, 19:14
Well the functionality is there, technically. But there's a couple of things. First is you can't have a link inside the list entry, and so the list would have to be just a list of links above or below the equipment section. Which might look a bit ugly. I've added it in anyway and it'll get looked at, and who knows what might happen :)