PDA

View Full Version : 5e Storm King’s Thunder Looking for 2-3 New Players

Muagen
September 5th, 2016, 16:27
UPDATE #2 Thanks for all the interest! The first session will be this Friday, the 9th, beginning at 6pm CDT. I'll continue taking applications today and get invites out early tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: Now looking for 2 players--one meaty melee and one walking, talking fireball.

*To clarify closer to the top, the party size I'm looking for is 4-5 players total, and I already have 3 players.*

I am not an Ultimate license-holder, so you will need your own copy of Fantasy Grounds to play. We'll play every Friday from 6pm to 9pm CST (barring emergencies or holidays requiring in-person appearances and/or travel)
*I would like to begin either this Friday or next*

We’ll plow through the Sword Coast, investigating odd occurrences and ruined villages, felling villains and defending the common folk and generally cleaning up messes until we are out of messes or you retire from the janitorial life fantastic.

We will be using a private Mumble server for voice chat. The client is a free download and the setup is fairly easy. Please make sure you have a headset, as feedback is disruptive and annoying.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Earlier sessions will likely be centered around combat and exploration, in part due to the nature of the adventure arc, and also because it can take some players a few sessions to become comfortable with roleplaying. As we move through the story, we’ll see where the players seem to be enjoying themselves the most.
Regardless, I will make noises that I think are suitably funny/scary/romantic as I see fit, because you are not the boss of me, and I do what I want. I will do voices and generally attempt to amuse you with the characters, all in the hopes that you will one day join me in neurotic/melodramatic congress.

I have 2 players (a ranger and a rogue) and I need 2-3 more, preferably newer players. If no one decides to play a healer, we will use the Healing Surge variant, however, bear in mind that healers are more than chatty healing potions. They also remove diseases and curses, and increase the overall stamina and potency of the party.

Characters will begin play at 1st level, with the loadouts provided in the PHB and Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide (both provided for your use through the server). Please utilize only those sources for character creation.
*Character generation will involve rolling 4d6 six times under DM-supervision, discarding the lowest die out of each roll, and re-rolling any 1s. From there, the ability scores may be assigned at the player's discretion*

Please PM me if interested, or with any questions pertaining to the campaign.
Thanks!

Link to Gamecalendar page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2172

Nyth
September 5th, 2016, 19:21
Can't wait! Needs to start this Friday, please.

Gorelin
September 6th, 2016, 01:13
I am hoping for this Friday as well!

Equimanthorn
September 6th, 2016, 06:28
I do things while making my own sound effects; pew pew. :dead: