PDA

View Full Version : LFG/Interest check for 5e Storm King's Thunder Campaign

Nate Grey
September 4th, 2016, 16:06
*LFP/Looking for players

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e (Adventurers League)

Schedule*: GMT Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays, 3 or 4 AM
(Which is Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays, 10 or 11 PM EST/GMT-5)
If new game, planned start date: week of Sept. 12 at the earliest or the week after
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice (at least for DM)
Voice software used: Teamspeak or Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: ?
Number of Players needed: min 3, max 6
Character starting level & equipment: 1, but should level fast to 5; or 5*. Standard
Character restrictions: Standard AL (Most notably, except for custom backgrounds, you are limited to the use of either EE or SCAG.)

Hi. I'm interested in running the Storm King's Thunder hardcover adventure/campaign for a regular group and I wanted to check for interest as well as survey schedules for interested participants.

This will be following Adventurers League rules, but for anyone joining not already familiar with that, it should be easy enough to orient you on it, and the actual play experience should not differ much from one that isn't.

I would prefer to jump right to Chapter 2 for existing Level 5/Tier 2 AL characters, but as I have no guarantees of getting enough players for such, the game is open to new characters to start from the beginning.

Preferred schedule is as mentioned above, but other schedules might be possible depending on sched availability of those interested. Kindly indicate your preferred (and other allowed) day/schedule when posting your interest, so I can see which one gets critical mass.

Caveats for any AL veterans:

- I'm an experienced 3.PF player/GM, but I'm relatively new to 5e and have not played Tier 2/higher than Lvl. 4. I only foresee that to be a problem if I get a lot of mid-Tier 2 applications though, and only for the first few sessions.
- I don't currently have the Complete Core Class Packs as of yet (planning to grab it over Halloween, but I don't think I plan to get the EE and SCAG supplements anytime soon) so we'll have to create new characters manually or with the help of those kind enough to lend server times.

WVFiend
September 4th, 2016, 16:12
Got all the class packs(and most everything else), as well as a friend who would also love to play. I'm totally down to do character creation from my program, we are both pretty experienced roleplayers

High amount of interest in getting into this game as I'm currently running HotDQ and I expect it's gonna be a long time before I run Storm King's, but playing through it once would help me become familiar with it.

I'm fine with starting at level 5 as well, I've played level 1-3 or 4 more times than I care to count lol

Nate Grey
September 4th, 2016, 16:20
Got all the class packs(and most everything else), as well as a friend who would also love to play. I'm totally down to do character creation from my program, we are both pretty experienced roleplayers

High amount of interest in getting into this game as I'm currently running HotDQ and I expect it's gonna be a long time before I run Storm King's, but playing through it once would help me become familiar with it.

I'm fine with starting at level 5 as well, I've played level 1-3 or 4 more times than I care to count lol

The starting at level 5 option is only for existing Adventurers League characters though.

What schedule are you guys down for?

wgdevanna
September 4th, 2016, 16:38
I am interested in joining your game. I have not played any AL games but I do have a DCI#. So I would have to create a character from the ground up. I like playing a Cleric, but I wouldn't mind playing just about anything if necessary.
I also have all the class packs as well as the SC and EE. My license is Standard.
Let me know!

Nate Grey
September 4th, 2016, 17:08
I am interested in joining your game. I have not played any AL games but I do have a DCI#. So I would have to create a character from the ground up. I like playing a Cleric, but I wouldn't mind playing just about anything if necessary.
I also have all the class packs as well as the SC and EE. My license is Standard.
Let me know!
Hi. I'm not sure the that DCI# is necessary online anyway, just the log of the sessions, afaik. What's your preferred day/sched?

wgdevanna
September 4th, 2016, 17:43
My preference, in order, is Thursday, Wednesday, Monday (using CT GMT -6) with the later time being better. That said, I should be able to make any of the listed days/times. I am limited to one session per week.

Landberry
September 4th, 2016, 21:41
I'm interested in it, but I can't play at night since I work night shift monday through thursday, I can play from 3-10 monday through friday.

Fatherdeath
September 5th, 2016, 01:19
Im interested i can make any of those days although would prefer Mon or Wed as Friday would be touch and go.. (son is in football and gets back late from there away games on Friday so occasionally might be late)
I have a lv1 AL character made but have never played in an AL game so would need some help with the keeping track system to start with...

Draku is a melee ranger

WVFiend
September 5th, 2016, 04:41
Weds evenings would be best for me and my friend, I've played some AL before, currently have a level 3 barbarian about to hit level 4 but I don't mind starting over again to have everyone on an even heading from the start:)
We were talking about either a fighter and wizard(not sure who is going to be who) or possibly war cleric and a wizard, partially depending on what everyone else wants to be

Nate Grey
September 5th, 2016, 07:39
Ok I've made a calendar entry for Wednesday night (Fatherdeath's and wgdevanna's compatible preferences) and added/invited you guys. Not sure if the calendar adjusts for DST (which I think you guys are on until October?) but note that it's set to the earlier 3am GMT/10pm EST (11pm EDT?). Kindly confirm.

Still a couple of slots available, as well as possibly for the other scheds.

Landberry, I'll take note of your interest should a group/sched compatible with yours comes up. Did you mean 3-10 AM or PM though?

Landberry
September 5th, 2016, 08:04
Sorry for not clarifing it, 3Pm-10PM weekends free

Fudly
September 6th, 2016, 09:14
I would like to play. I am reliable, and I can make any of those days and times. How long do you intend sessions to last? I prefer games that are 3-4 hours long. I would be interested in playing any full-progression spellcaster with a slight preference towards a bard, wizard, or sorcerer (depending on what the group needs).

I'm afraid I haven't played AL.

Nate Grey
September 6th, 2016, 11:22
I would like to play. I am reliable, and I can make any of those days and times. How long do you intend sessions to last? I prefer games that are 3-4 hours long. I would be interested in playing any full-progression spellcaster with a slight preference towards a bard, wizard, or sorcerer (depending on what the group needs).

I'm afraid I haven't played AL.

Added you up. Was planning for minimum 4 hour sessions. Is 4 your maximum allowable?

New to AL is no problem all.

I believe WVFiend was planning to do some sort of caster as well though. You might have to hash it out between the two of you if you guys don't want to double up.

WVFiend
September 6th, 2016, 16:22
I was thinking a bard but I already have one in another campaign so I don't mind being something else, just let me know what you wanna be Fudly and I'll pick something else I'm easy like that

Nate Grey
September 6th, 2016, 16:28
Ok, was going to say I made a group for you guys, but apparently you've already all joined/accepted the invite. You can use that for discussions for your particular group, as well as for any questions.

Fudly
September 6th, 2016, 16:37
More than 4 hours pushes me past midnight which is actually pretty hard during the work week, so I guess I'll bow out. Best of luck.

Nate Grey
September 6th, 2016, 16:49
I'm not overflowing with applications, so I'd rather keep to the 4 hours (was going to mention that I hadn't discussed it with the rest if they can do more than 4 either) and keep the extra player.

Unless it's actually viable with folks to start an hour earlier? (This is the kind of discussion I wanted to keep to the groups. :) )

WVFiend
September 6th, 2016, 16:56
11 pm is a pretty late start for me I could do earlier for sure, so far as length of sessions I'm good with going over 4 hours if we need to but if we are an hour earlier start time would be a huge help:)

wgdevanna
September 6th, 2016, 17:46
4 hrs is going to be my max. I could move up a half hour if that helps.

Fatherdeath
September 6th, 2016, 18:34
sense it is wed est for me i can do anything after 9pm my time

iriego
September 6th, 2016, 20:20
hey im from Chile GTM-3 i think i can make the time you are posting. Im interested in playing i did play a lot of D&D vers 1 and 2 and bought the ultimate account. so i think im able to play with you guys if you are interested.

let me know if it works for you guys, i would love to play.

LordSerpentus
September 6th, 2016, 23:06
if there is still space available i think this would fit my schedule nicely been looking for an evening game for quite some time. im familiar with AL, i have both level 1 and level 5 characters.

Nate Grey
September 7th, 2016, 12:54
PM'd you, iriego.

LordSerpentus I'll have to put you on standby for now, if you don't mind waiting to see if a slot opens up, either at the start, or if there's any attrition down the road.

Also, I made new entries in the calendar for the 2nd session and for the first session after DST rolls back. Please check if they're in order.

tduchaine
September 11th, 2016, 02:12
Hi I have a Living Grey Hawk Character I would like to bring out of retirement (going to level up to lvl 2) any way I could convert him over to 5e and join the game?