PDA

View Full Version : A Small Nuisance

Meliath1742
September 4th, 2016, 12:43
Perhaps it's being addressed...but am I the only one that finds the Combat Tracker starting at round 1 a bit of a nuisance? I always find myself having to reset it to zero before starting a combat. Maybe there's a good reason for this and I'm too dumb to see it. Any thoughts?

damned
September 4th, 2016, 13:41
The first round is actually 1.... isnt it?

Meliath1742
September 4th, 2016, 14:35
Lol, true. But when I hit the start button at the bottom left it cycles to 2. Am I doing it wrong?

damned
September 4th, 2016, 14:57
Lol, true. But when I hit the start button at the bottom left it cycles to 2. Am I doing it wrong?

I could be mistaken but... what start button bottom left?
Bottom right is the Next Round button which will advance the round.
Bottom left is a Flag icon and then the Next Actor button. If there are no actors or you are on the only Actor or last Actor it will also advance the round.

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2016, 15:24
I think he has a point and it's something that I wondered about as well.

I've only played the War of the Dead one so I wasn't sure if this was generally the case. At any rate when you place an encounter on the CT initiative isn't automatically calculated at that point. In other words the encounter is placed with no card showing. The only way that I have figured out how to start the combat off is to click the 'Next Turn' button which deals the card and sets the first combatant, and also advances the turn marker from 1 to 2. Following rounds are ok since when it gets to the next real turn the cards are redealt.

In 5e (the only other system I am familiar with) there is an option to have initiative rolled when anything is placed on the CT, but there isn't such an option in SW. Furthermore the DM can right click over the CT and select roll initiative for the PC, NPCs or everyone from a radial menu. Neither of these appear to be available in SW. The only one is an option to redeal automatically on the next turn.

So I think it is a valid question; is there a way to kick the first turn off without clicking the next turn button?

damned
September 4th, 2016, 15:30
Ha. Ive never *run* Savage Worlds before.
On creating a new campaign when I first add an actor it does start at Round 0.
But every other time I clear and start over it starts at Round 1.
Maybe for Savage Worlds it should be 0?
Maybe the devs even implemented this but it doesnt work on successive combats?

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2016, 15:55
Yes, that would seem to be the case. Where's a Dev to ask when you need one eh?

Talyn
September 4th, 2016, 16:18
I'll see if I can get PW's attention and point him to this thread. There's a few things I'd like to see "fixed" for SW... That said, I plan on attempting to help him with that and not just standing by with my arms crossed, tapping my feet impatiently. :)

Meliath1742
September 4th, 2016, 17:15
OK...so I'm not crazy then...at least not yet! And yes, I too use the Next Turn button to get cards drawn and initiative started. Thanks for taking a look at it��

richvalle
September 6th, 2016, 15:24
Yep, I have this problem too and I reset the tracker to 0 at the start of each battle... If I remember before starting it!