PDA

View Full Version : Updates to Purchased (5e) Modules

DMJBone
September 4th, 2016, 01:58
Just a quick question - I saw the post over on ENWorld.org about Storm King's Thunder being available and it ended with this:

"...The module has gone through extensive internal reviews prior to release, but if anything has crept in, it can be patched and will automatically notify buyers to run an update. You can safely unload and reload the module after an update to get any late changes or errata as they release without having to begin a new campaign or having to manually copy campaign info to an updated version."

Does this mean that to have the updates applied, I need to close the module in the library (Module Activation Window) and open it again? I always thought it was taken care of automagically and I don't recall ever reading about this before.

Thanks.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 02:32
If the module has been updated you will see the new entries, unless FG thinks you might have edited any entries within a specific campaign. The easiest way to ensure you have the most up to date module within a campaign is go to the module activation screen, right-click on the module in question and select "Revert Changes". If this option isn't available then FG hasn't stored any old (edited) data for the module and you're up to date.

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2016, 04:19
Just know, that when you revert changes in a campaign, you will lose any changes you have made to the entries (by choosing the unlock icon).

DMJBone
September 17th, 2016, 01:45
Thanks for the reply guys. Just tried this (Right-clicking on modules in the Data Module Activation Window) and nothing seems to have been updated, as I never got the "Revert Changes" option - only the 'Close Window' option. Is that right? None of the WOTC mods have been updated since launch? That doesn't seem right. (I own everything WOTC's released thus far on FG.)

Moon Wizard
September 17th, 2016, 01:55
Many of the updates for the last couple months are queued up with the v3.2.0 release, so that's why there haven't been any recently. We're still a few weeks out on the v3.2.0 launch. Some technology hurdles, and personal life timing hurdles, set back the schedule a bit.

They are available in the Test channel in beta mode via the FG Settings. Note, all GM and players need to be on same version (v3.1 or v3.2) to play together.

Regards,
JPG

damned
September 17th, 2016, 02:43
Thanks for the reply guys. Just tried this (Right-clicking on modules in the Data Module Activation Window) and nothing seems to have been updated, as I never got the "Revert Changes" option - only the 'Close Window' option. Is that right? None of the WOTC mods have been updated since launch? That doesn't seem right. (I own everything WOTC's released thus far on FG.)

Except SKT all the Wizards modules have been updated more than once.

DMJBone
September 18th, 2016, 01:23
Thanks for the update on the upcoming update, Moon Wizard. Good luck leaping up and over all hurdles.

Trenloe
September 19th, 2016, 18:12
Thanks for the reply guys. Just tried this (Right-clicking on modules in the Data Module Activation Window) and nothing seems to have been updated, as I never got the "Revert Changes" option - only the 'Close Window' option. Is that right? )
To clarify here: you will only see "revert changes" if *you* have made some changes to the module data within a campaign. If you haven't done any changes, then you won't see the option and FG will have loaded the most module recent data. In this case, you probably aren't aware that the FG modules have been updated as part of a previous update cycle and you're already using the most recent data available.

Patou
January 1st, 2017, 23:48
Hi FG Team,

I am currently running my players through Rise of Tiamat. Luckily I also own the hardcover version. Your missing a lot of information on Episode 6: Metallic Dragons, Arise. Non of the info regarding each metallic dragon is in the FG version....

you might want to update that. Below is all you have on that part of the module.

Patou
January 1st, 2017, 23:54
Correction..

I see the info from the module library but not in the story index from the right side tabs??? odd... the is no Council of Dragons17173

Myrdin Potter
January 2nd, 2017, 02:38
If you report this in the 5e bugs thread in the 5e forum it will be picked up almost immediately/

(from a Brossard guy ... :-) )

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2017, 11:21
Hi FG Team,

I am currently running my players through Rise of Tiamat. Luckily I also own the hardcover version. Your missing a lot of information on Episode 6: Metallic Dragons, Arise. Non of the info regarding each metallic dragon is in the FG version....

you might want to update that. Below is all you have on that part of the module.

Correction..

I see the info from the module library but not in the story index from the right side tabs??? odd... the is no Council of Dragons

All the information regarding those Dragons (and all the other allies and villains) is in the Introduction to the adventure - not in Chapter 6. See Chapter 0. The Rise of Tiamat in either the Library or Story or in the Contents Page of the Story. As far as I can see this is exactly how it is presented in the paper version of the adventure.

Patou
January 4th, 2017, 15:53
All the information regarding those Dragons (and all the other allies and villains) is in the Introduction to the adventure - not in Chapter 6. See Chapter 0. The Rise of Tiamat in either the Library or Story or in the Contents Page of the Story. As far as I can see this is exactly how it is presented in the paper version of the adventure.

I found it Zacchaeus thanks:) I just don't understand why it won't appear when I go via the Story Tab on the right push buttons? I can work my game anyhow but I just wanted to let you guys know in case that wasn't normal.

Zacchaeus
January 4th, 2017, 16:45
You can access it from the story tab on the right hand side.