PDA

View Full Version : FG/5e Local Library Access Q

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 01:57
Hello All,

New to FG, so I bought the D&D 5e Deluxe PHB and have access to it on my local account or when I'm hosting.

However, when I request access from the GM through the Library/Module link the GM (who does not have the PHB) says he cannot grant me access.

How do I access the PHB that I bought so I can use it in the 5e games I play in?

With Thanks,

VtM

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 02:34
Welcome to FG and the forums!

Once you've requested access by trying to open the PHB module (a message will appear in the GM's chat window). The GM should open the "Module Activation" screen (close it if it was already open) and they should see a greyed out "DD PHB Deluxe" module and they can allow access to it.

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 02:53
Thank you! And I'm actually from Denver but work on the East Coast so we're using FG to keep the group together.

The DM says he tried that, but since he doesn't have it he can't see it to grant access, but perhaps he's just not seeing it?

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 03:11

If it helps, here's a screenshot from our current game (in progress)

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 03:22
Thx!

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 03:23
Thanks for the screen shot, that is showing what should happen on the player side and so is working correctly.

The GM will see the request in their chat window (#1 in the following screenshot) and will then see the PHB in their Module Activation window (#2). If they see #1 but not #2 they need to close that Module Activation window and open it again (it won't show up if the window was already open).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15199

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 03:25
Update--I closed and reopened FG and reloaded and asked for access and it worked this time. Thank you!
Glad you got it working - the GM more than likely just needed to close and re-open the module activation window.

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 03:26
Thanks for the screen shot, that is showing what should happen on the player side and so is working correctly.

The GM will see the request in their chat window (#1 in the following screenshot) and will then see the PHB in their Module Activation window (#2). If they see #1 but not #2 they need to close that Module Activation window and open it again (it won't show up if the window was already open).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15199

Update--I closed and reopened FG and reloaded and asked for access and it worked this time. Thank you!

ValmarTheMad
September 4th, 2016, 03:27
Glad you got it working - the GM more than likely just needed to close and re-open the module activation window.

Yeah, I think that may've been the issue, but we're all new to this so learning as we go--thank you for the help!

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 03:30
Yeah, I think that may've been the issue, but we're all new to this so learning as we go--thank you for the help!
No worries. That can sometimes be a gotcha - a lot of "stuff" will only be updated when the Window is opened so if you're missing something a good idea is to close the window and open it again. Glad you can use it now. :)