PDA

View Full Version : Reset PC, installing FG again but have a few issues.

Rilmarion
September 4th, 2016, 01:13
Hello, so I went and reset Windows 10, deleted all files and such. Been re-installing programs and such but FG is having a small issue.

First, install went fine, but when I open it it says upgrade to Ultimate License. I should have it, paying the monthly cost for Ultimate. I am thinking it is an issue with the license I input, but I can't seem to find a new license for the monthly subscription to show I should have Ultimate. Where would I find this?

Second, after installing I noticed when I loaded a campaign that I had saved from old computer, that I have no PHB or DMG and such. None of the stuff that I have purchased. So I I returned to launcher and am now checking for updated, but the updater seems to be gettign a lot of "Error - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out Retying in 10 seconds" errors. I'm hoping this is not causing any issues to my client. I've also noticed that FG website is loading sometimes real slow for me, as if I had no internet, but I can load other pages just fine.

damned
September 4th, 2016, 03:18
You have to enter your license correctly or no 5e stuff will download.
You also need to enter your username and password so that your purchases can download.
Have a look in the Fantasy Grounds User Guide for correct way to input these.
All your errors are related to the license key firstly and possibly the user/pass after that.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2016, 03:28
As you subscribed an email with the license key should have been sent to your email that is the primary email address for the PayPal account used for the subscription.

Info here in the FAQ: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_sube mails

Rilmarion
September 4th, 2016, 04:24
okay, the update finally worked and I got all my PHB, DMG, etc stuff I had bought. But the issue I'm still stuck with is the License stuff. i remember that my paypal email was different then my FG account email. So I went to that email and I sadly don't see an email listing a license #. At the time I did this I see 3 emails.

One that says: "You set up a automatic payment profile to SmiteWorks USA, LLC."
And two that say: "Receipt for Your payment to SmiteWorks USA, LLC." (first that was for PHB/Complete Core Class pack the DMG, the second for MM/Complete Core Monster Pack).

I now remember that I was having issues last time I did this I never recieved an email and had to contact [email protected] to get them to send me the license. I think I may have deleted that email since by mistake. Would I be able to send another email and have them pull that info up again by giving them my paypal email and the last transaction ID# from paypal?

( Thread in question form last time: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31122-What-Currency-is-the-Store/page3 )

damned
September 4th, 2016, 04:29
Of course - send them an email and they will get you sorted. Being a long weekend in the US the response might be slower than normal but they will get back to you.

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2016, 04:30
SW has always been excellent about such things. As you noted, send [email protected] another email. Give them both your email addresses and the info you mentioned above and I have complete faith they will get you taken care of in short order.