PDA

View Full Version : Whisper Extention

EJSandsrtrom
September 3rd, 2016, 17:56
Please feel free to move this if it fits better somewhere else. Im not sure if this would be an extension or something else.

Not being anywhere near a programmer, how hard would it be to come up with a whisper extension? Kind of like how the language selection drop down box is now. Some of my PCs have such crazy long names and if you miss a letter, your whisper is now public.

You could select the box of: All players, individual PCs, or maybe multiple PCs.

Thank you

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2016, 18:11
Type the first couple of letters and then press the tab key to aotocomplete the name. If the PCs name is EJSanddstrom the type /w EJ and then press tab.

Edit: also make sure that PCs with names longer than 4 characters get plenty of attention from NPCs/Traps/Apocalyptic horribleness etc. Each time they do so they lose a letter from their name until it's down to a reasonable number. :)

Nickademus
September 3rd, 2016, 19:46
My PCs decided among themselves to name all their characters similarly so that it made whispering difficult for me...

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2016, 19:48
My PCs decided among themselves to name all their characters similarly so that it made whispering difficult for me...

Another reason to visit the apocalyptic horribleness on them :)

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2016, 20:04
You can also whisper by typing text in the chat box (don't press return) and then drag that text to the PC portrait to the top left of desktop.

Nickademus
September 3rd, 2016, 20:14
I know. But I like to type replies to fake evil plots and 'accidentally' whisper them to the wrong player. Serves them right.