PDA

View Full Version : Editing encounter tokens in Princes

EJSandsrtrom
September 3rd, 2016, 17:15
Sorry if this is not the right sub for this.

We have just started Princes of the Apocalypse and as first level characters, they are starting in chapter 6. So far half of the encounters have generic tokens for the monsters. For example "6.04.01.01 Key Duty (encounter)" the spider tokens are just genaric B's. No big deal, open the tokens and drop a spider token on each one, with the encounter locked and unlocked. Same result, they will show up as though you changed them, but as soon as you close the window and re-open it, they have reverted to Bs.

Can I change this?

With the encounters that have not had encounter maps included (Bears and Bows, Bloody treasure) I used either the party marching order screen for a generic encounter area, or I used a map that fit the story. And because of this I want to use tokens rather than just letters.

Thanks

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2016, 17:33
Don't drop the token on each individual one within the encounter, drop one token on the main critter "Token" column between the # and Name entry.

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2016, 17:43
And if you need more maps for PotA look here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25083-Princes-of-the-Apocalypse-Maps).

EJSandsrtrom
September 3rd, 2016, 18:03
Awesome, Thank you.

SO I assume if I wanted multiple different tokens, say 4 different looks for 4 different bandits, I would need a separate line in the encounter for each?

EJSandsrtrom
September 3rd, 2016, 18:04
Dupe

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2016, 18:08
Yes, you'd need a unique NPC for each token that you use.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2016, 19:43
SO I assume if I wanted multiple different tokens, say 4 different looks for 4 different bandits, I would need a separate line in the encounter for each?
Yes, a separate line in the encounter for reach different token you'd like to use.