PDA

View Full Version : Questions about what FG can do

SalmonElla
September 2nd, 2005, 13:15
I am attempting to create a d20 space campaign for my players to use in FG.

1) Is it possible to provide an additional reference on the players desktop that details star systems(campaign specific material basically)

2) Can you add things to the campaign on the fly while in a session?
- additional maps and whatnot

Thank you for your time,
--SE

SalmonElla
September 2nd, 2005, 14:30
Sorry to bother you all again.

Combat:
Is there an initiative counter? I cant seem to find anything of the sort.
How would you share that with the players?

NPCs:
How do you share the npc descriptions with the players?

Crusader
September 2nd, 2005, 19:20
1. Yes, takes a bit of work but it can be done. I've replaced the reference material completely to fit my world and gamesystem.

2. Absoluely, no problem.

3. Are you referring to the Combat tracker or what? It has the initiative on it, has it not?

4. When you write the description for you NPC, you have the option of formating it as a chat-frame. This could then be dragged to the chat-window.

Goblin-King
September 4th, 2005, 18:45
1) Is it possible to provide an additional reference on the players desktop that details star systems(campaign specific material basically)

This is what the house rule section is actually intended for. See the second post in this thread (and customize to your liking):

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=40

2) Can you add things to the campaign on the fly while in a session?
- additional maps and whatnot

You can do this by copying files to the images folder under the particular campaign in the campaigns subfolder tree. When you switch back to FG, the image list will have the new image added.

Is there an initiative counter? I cant seem to find anything of the sort.
How would you share that with the players?

As Crusader pointed out, the combat tracker is intended for this. It can be located in one of the small icons in the top right corner of the window. By design, it was not intended to be shared with players, but you will most likely be able to implement one that can do this if we get what we have planned for the next features that will go into the program.