PDA

View Full Version : LFG - 1 New Player; MST in US; Very Open Schedule

TheGerman
September 3rd, 2016, 05:45
I'll cut/paste from the template sticky above. Feel free to ask me anything not mentioned in this post.

FG License: Currently have nothing; I'm brand new to FG but wanted to change that.
Time Zone: MST in the US
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a fairly constant group/game. My schedule is pretty open and I can make most times (within US time zones) work.
Term: I'd be up for someone showing me how to play and how FG is used as well as starting out and growing with the same people/group
Voice: Yes
Game System Preferred: Doesn't matter as I doubt I know the difference right now anyways.
Game System Experience: Last 'hardcore' group was still doing Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm new, but I'm far from being a hindrance once I get going. I've tried reading the FAQs on this site but haven't really seen any tutorials posted here. When asking for guidance on Steam the replies always say to come to these forums.
Character Type Preferred: A very annoyed Rogue/Thief

I have been looking at FG for a long time on steam and finally decided to try these forums looking for people to play with and get the learning curve out of the way. I don't want me being new to deter anyone; I'm in my 30s, sane and would be willing to spend money to buy books/modules/whatever if I found people to constantly play with and have a purpose to read/learn and get better.

Look forward to hearing from you.

GunnarGreybeard
September 3rd, 2016, 08:19
I'm considering strarting up another D&D 5e or Savage Worlds game on Wednesday nights (I'm in CST time zone). Probably start at 7 my time which should be 6 PM your time. It'll be text chat only (the built-in chat tool in Fantasy Grounds). Don't worry about speed of typing or grammar, its not that big of a deal in my games. As long as everyone knows what each other mean, it's all good.

TheGerman
September 4th, 2016, 09:22
I'm considering strarting up another D&D 5e or Savage Worlds game on Wednesday nights (I'm in CST time zone). Probably start at 7 my time which should be 6 PM your time. It'll be text chat only (the built-in chat tool in Fantasy Grounds). Don't worry about speed of typing or grammar, its not that big of a deal in my games. As long as everyone knows what each other mean, it's all good.

Works for me. How do we get in touch?

Also, what should I look into/read/familiarize myself with beforehand so that I'm not just stumbling around in regards to both FG and whatever game system you run?

GunnarGreybeard
September 4th, 2016, 09:30
I set up a game Calendar entry at > [D&D 5e] The Wrecker's of the Coast. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2167) You can sign up there. Once active, you can see more information that we have been posting. I have the ultimate license and FG D&D 5e PHB so you would not need anything extra to play. The game is open to new players, both with 5e and FG.

A Rogue/Thief should fit in fine with the group.

TheGerman
September 5th, 2016, 21:11
I signed up on the game calendar yesterday for your game; went back today and its not on the list.

Haven't received a notice if I was approved for it yet either (not sure if there's a notice or not) but I can't see anything regarding Wrecker's of the Coast anymore.

ETA - Found it via your signature link. Original link and calendar don't have it but that may be a forum mechanic.

gorechrist
September 5th, 2016, 21:41
I set up a game Calendar entry at > [D&D 5e] The Wrecker's of the Coast. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2167) You can sign up there. Once active, you can see more information that we have been posting. I have the ultimate license and FG D&D 5e PHB so you would not need anything extra to play. The game is open to new players, both with 5e and FG.

A Rogue/Thief should fit in fine with the group.

hey are you guys still looking for another player or two? i am in

GunnarGreybeard
September 5th, 2016, 21:42
Yeah, you were approved and should have access. Read through the discussion and couple of announcements and you should see more details on the game.

GunnarGreybeard
September 5th, 2016, 21:44
hey are you guys still looking for another player or two? i am in
Sorry, we are kinda maxed out at the moment with 6 players. If someone drops out I can let you know.

JerryRig
September 6th, 2016, 00:39
I run a Morning game on Tuesdays if your interested. Link is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32033-Vengeance-of-House-Morcane-(Pathfinder-ruleset-Forgetten-Realms-Underdark-campaign)) with the info about it.