PDA

View Full Version : Partially Filled out Log Entries

ffujita
September 1st, 2016, 16:26
Is there any way/place I can place log entries that have the XP/Gold/DT/Renown already entered and then have players drag/drop from there to their log tab?

My best guess on how to do this is to create multiple blank PCs that the the players could each "own" one of ...

I'm hoping there's a better way to do this.

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2016, 16:37
You can drag an entry from one character to another it would seem; so a 'Blank' PC with all the entries in it might work. But there's nothing else you can drag into the log that I know of, except text from chat (don't push return before dragging it)

Trenloe
September 1st, 2016, 17:12
Yep, PCs are the only place where the adventure log data is stored - outside of that it would just be a link to an entry in a PC, and only one player can access PC data at a time. So you'll need at least one dummy PC with the entries in, and allow a player to access this PC and drag the entries they require into their character sheet, then release the PC and allow another player to access the PC and drag the log entries they need.

Or, as a GM, you drag the log entries to the characters from the dummy PC. This removes the need for the players to access a dummy PC, then GM release, another player access, etc.. This is probably your best approach.

Once the entry is in the PC log the player can change data as needed.

You can also export the dummy PC to XML for import into other campaigns.

damned
September 1st, 2016, 23:43
You can drag an entry from one character to another it would seem; so a 'Blank' PC with all the entries in it might work. But there's nothing else you can drag into the log that I know of, except text from chat (don't push return before dragging it)

You can press enter and drag it - and particularly in this instance - you can then drag it more than one time...
The only reason to not press enter is to not have it appear in your chat.