PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Reset PC using windows reset, what do i need to save to save campaigns?

Rilmarion
August 31st, 2016, 04:02
Yeah, so my PC has been acting up lately, a lot of freezing and such. And recently tried installing CC3+ and had issues, so tried to uninstall it and PC froze during uninstall. Now the program is still listed as installed in Add/remove list, but won't let me uninstall it. My PC is also freezing more then normal. So looking at resetting the PC using Windows 10 reset feature, possibly going right to system defaults (erasing all files and programs).

So thought I'd ask this question from yous in hope of getting a starting point. Is it possible to do this and still have the saved campaign stuff for when I re-install FG? CS, Campaign and etc. What files would I need to backup on a USB stick or CD?

Any other hints you could think of giving me? Files I should backup and such? Never used the reset feature before, so I'm assuming it's going to reset both of my drives, deleting everything.

Andraax
August 31st, 2016, 04:53
Just backup your entire FG directory (click the "folder" icon on the main menu and copy everything that's there). After you re-install, click on the folder again, and copy everything back to that location.