PDA

View Full Version : Tokens, Host and Shared

Snikle
September 1st, 2005, 07:03
Ok, I spent the better part of about 45 minutes trying to figure out exactly how this section of the FG folders are supposed to be working. Can some who has figured this out, explain to me the difference between the Host and Shared folder?
I thought the host was supposed to be visible only by the GM in their token box, and the shared was what all the players saw in theirs. However, in our tests the players could see the Host folder (though in a unique twist, not ALL the folders in the Host folder).
Also does it matter if a player is running with the Full versus the Lite version?

Whisper
September 2nd, 2005, 21:28
My players can see all my tokens. Only one has the full version, the rest have the lite version. Doesn't matter which version they have as they can all see my tokens in Host folder since I have none to date in Shared folder.

kalmarjan
September 2nd, 2005, 22:46
The problem is, I think your players are supposed to see the host tokens. If you have something that is campaign or adventure specific, I believe that you are supposed to have them in the tokens folder for your campaign?

I may be wrong, been known to happen once or twice....

Cheers,

WolfStar76
September 11th, 2005, 21:17
If you put the tokens in your HOST folder only you, the GM are able to pull them from your token box.

If its in the SHARED folder, your users will download them on connecting and they'll appear in the player's token box(es).