PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding lighting in 5e options

daboking
August 29th, 2016, 17:24
This may be a dumb question, and it is not a technical error/crash, but more of a mechanical issue with using FG. I am going to be running strahd for a group here very soon, and would like to globally set the lighting of the table to night for mood for the whole party. When I joined my session as a player, I noticed the GM setting did not carry over to the player side. Is there a way that a GM can globally set the lighting for all players who join a game? Thanks

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2016, 17:38
The lighting does carry over to the players. Otherwise the option would be kind of pointless.

If it isn't working for you then something must be interfering with the process. If you are using extensions of any kind then try it in a new campaign without them. If that works then you'll need to do some testing to see what extension is causing the error.
Otherwise I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2016, 18:45
Doing a quick test - If the GM has set mood lighting (say, to "night") and then a player logs in after the lighting has been set they don't change to the "night" mood lighting setting, FG just shows the usual colours. It appears that the mood lighting colours only get pushed to logged in players. Work around: click the required mood lighting again once everyone is logged in.

Hopefully the devs will pick this up and log it as an issue (@daboking: you've logged it in the right place).

Nickademus
August 29th, 2016, 18:55
The change in lighting is an immediate thing. Players that join after the change will not see it. Just change it again after they join.