PDA

View Full Version : Goading Attack issue.

Jerric
August 29th, 2016, 06:13
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I have recently started playing a Fighter and chose the Battle Master archetype. One of the maneuvers that I chose was Goading Attack. I was able to set up the attack, save and damage but had some issues with the effect. In the effect I typed 'DISATK' which gave the target disadvantage on attacks against other players as intended. However it also gave the target disadvantage on attacks against me as well. The maneuver is supposed to give the target disadvantage on any target EXCEPT for me.

How can I change it so that the effect will give the target disadvantage on all other player characters except for mine as intended?

Thanks

Dawgzilla
August 29th, 2016, 06:31
Here is a screen shot for the goading attack with each effects make sure that you have it set this way and it should work for you.

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2016, 11:14
Here is a screen shot for the goading attack with each effects make sure that you have it set this way and it should work for you.

This one isn't as simple as that. In order to get the goading attack to work correctly you need to enable it in effect targeting. What this means is that you will place the goading DISATK: effect on the NPC that is the initial target and then using the targeting reticule on the Combat Tracker SHIFT-drag the effect onto all of the other PCs except the Fighter who did the Goading. See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27336-Effects-The-Complete-Fighter-Package) for details on how to set up all of these maneuvers.

Jerric
August 29th, 2016, 23:16
Thanks to both of you I really appreciate the replies and your time.

Zacchaeus, I didn't put the colon at the end of DISATK, also I was trying to shift-drag the effect from my action tab in my character sheet instead of from the NPC in the CT. I made both of those changes and Goading Attack is working perfectly now. Many, many thanks. You are a wealth of knowledge.

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2016, 00:09
Ah, jolly good. Glad you got it working.

Kumajuhl
September 13th, 2020, 16:57
whoops didn't see there was more to the most prior...