PDA

View Full Version : Map token scale problem

rob2e
August 29th, 2016, 01:34
For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I drag the rats from the encounter to the map to populate, I release the token scale, and they appear the correct size (tiny). Then when I actually put the encounter on the map, the rats are medium size and those health dots seem too big. What's my mistake?

damned
August 29th, 2016, 02:13
You do have the grid applied to the map? I know I can see one - I just cant tell if its a FG grid or image grid... :)

rob2e
August 29th, 2016, 02:14
FG grid.

Gwydion
August 29th, 2016, 02:29
Maybe an extension issue? What extensions do you have loaded. Maybe something incompatible?

Trenloe
August 29th, 2016, 02:29
The FG encounter functionality won't remember any token sizing. It will just put the tokens on the map at their stored location, and if you have a grid and scale-to-grid set then the tokens will be scaled (as you're seeing). The health indicators are also scaled, and in some instances they can be either very big or very small. This can occur when the original token size (in pixels) and the grid size (in pixels) are quite different. What is the pixel size of the token and the grid on the map?

EDIT: FG auto scaling (if set in the campaign settings) doesn't recognise "tiny" as a size that needs scaling to anything other than the grid square. Anything that isn't large, huge or gargantuan will be scaled to fit a grid square. So, your "tiny" rat tokens are being scaled to fit the square.

rob2e
August 29th, 2016, 02:31
Maybe an extension issue? What extensions do you have loaded. Maybe something incompatible?

Zero extensions.

rob2e
August 29th, 2016, 02:33
The FG encounter functionality won't remember any token sizing. It will just put the tokens on the map at their stored location, and if you have a grid and scale-to-grid set then the tokens will be scaled (as you're seeing). The health indicators are also scaled, and in some instances they can be either very big or very small. This can occur when the original token size (in pixels) and the grid size (in pixels) are quite different. What is the pixel size of the token and the grid on the map?

Token is standard monster manual rat so I don't know its size. The map grid is 50px per square (5ft).

Trenloe
August 29th, 2016, 02:39
Token is standard monster manual rat so I don't know its size. The map grid is 50px per square (5ft).
See my edit in post #5 above.

rob2e
August 29th, 2016, 02:42
EDIT: FG auto scaling (if set in the campaign settings) doesn't recognise "tiny" as a size that needs scaling to anything other than the grid square. Anything that isn't large, huge or gargantuan will be scaled to fit a grid square. So, your "tiny" rat tokens are being scaled to fit the square.

Ah, so it's not a mistake, just something to deal with on encounters by the DM needing to rescale tiny tokens (if they want). OK cool. FG doesn't scale tiny, until 3.2 MAYBE! Hmmm... Prithy?

ThanX Trenloe