PDA

View Full Version : questions on stt book adventure and al

rabbedrabit
August 28th, 2016, 13:57
so im going to be starting my stt hard cover next sunday and while reading it a few questions have came up. this is my first time dm'ing for a al game so i want to be clear on some things.

1) i understand in past seasons during hard cover play that if it says in the treasure parcel to roll on such and such table for x magic items that a errata is created and for al games these items are then replace by the random generator. any idea when they will update these? my group tends to play for 6-8 hours a day on sat and sun and 4 hours on 3-4 days of the week. so we do get quite far fast. if the errata isnt compiled do i roll random and let it slide or do i just give out the item late when the errata is finished.

2) the new magic items dont want to go into details and give spoilers... guessing this will be delt with in the errata also when it is compiled.

ok so guess my question is any idea on the release of the errata?

Brynnan
August 29th, 2016, 06:18
*Shortly, which is far better than *Soon. (Inside joke).. It's coming.

For Chapter 1 of Storm King's Thunder and, by extension, the Introductory Adventure A Great Upheaval, they have officially stated "Yes, use the random loot rolls." The magic item will have to be logged in a specific way as listed in the ALPG 2.1 (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/190680&affiliate_id=925821) on page 4:

"If you received a magic item generated randomly by the Dungeon Master, you must record the name of the adventure you received it in, the location where it was found, and the result of the roll that determined the item."

As far as the rest of the book goes, the official answer is that the errata is on the way "shortly", (which means any day to me.) But take it for what it's worth that they specifically added the rule about random loot to the ALPG. So you know....

rabbedrabit
August 29th, 2016, 12:53
thanks