PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge.

Graiskye
September 1st, 2005, 06:02
Howdy folks. Eagerley awaiting delivery of my copy of FG, should arrive any day now. Really stoked to see that they finally have instituted a zoom feature. I have been running games onlne for a while started with play by post, and then moved to OpenRPG,which isnt a bad program, in the last year the devs have made great strides.
But, while Open does work fine, I was looking for something different, and FG looks allright. Not sure if its the be all end all for my online gaming needs, but with the enthusiastic community, and the seemingly solid dev support decided to take the plunge. So Im just saying hello, soon Ill be looking for answers to questions, and a little softening up never hurt. Hope i can get in to some good games, DM, or player, whichever, Im easy. Grai

Snikle
September 1st, 2005, 06:31
Well I have four players and our first game with FG is tomorrow and I can tell you just from the times we have gotten together and messed around with it (learning it, ya call it learning) that it rocks and will change forever the online gaming world.

gurney9999
September 2nd, 2005, 16:55
it rocks and will change forever the online gaming world. ... wow, you trying to get quoted on the front page of the website or something? :)

Graiskye, welcome to FG.

Snikle
September 3rd, 2005, 04:53
YA! LOL

Ran my first game yesterday and I think my observation pre-game was dead on. Game rocked!

NeoDante
September 11th, 2005, 10:24
Welcome aboard.

Craw
September 16th, 2005, 18:54
I've been trying to keep my interest in D&D alive via RPGs for the last decade. I finally got settled into a routine and decided to get back into PnP and joined a local Living Greyhawk group. Not bad, then WHAM! baby makes three and no more late nights at the local gaming store. Lo and behold I discover Fantasy Grounds. PnP from home? With people all over the world? With actual maps and dice and ambiance and pictures? Riiight. Oh well, let's give it a shot.

I was floored. This was better than table top. This was maps that de-fog for what you should actually be seeing instead of the DM accidentally moving the cover sheet and showing the whole map. This was "Dark riders approach" and up pops a portrait of nightmarish evil. I had more fun playing this on-line version of PnP than in any game around a table I've had in 10 years.

The GM control features that FG allows could make even face-to-face table-top games better for including at least one computer. If WotC has any brains, they'll start releasing all of their adventures pre-packaged for FG (if they don't already).

Crusader
September 17th, 2005, 15:26
Welcome! This was exactly the same feeling I had the first time I saw FG. :)