PDA

View Full Version : half elf variants on fg

rabbedrabit
August 28th, 2016, 13:42
i do not have the scag hard back but i do have it on my fg. fg is all we play now sence the core group is spread all over the world.

my question is in the scag on fg is stays that <random choice here as example> dark elf half elf variants get keen senses and drow magic. one of my players says the hard cover states that you get to choose between the 2. in my humble opinion allowing both is not even close to game breaking. but sense this is my first season as being a dm for the al game i guess i should know the correct answer to this. so do half elf variants get both or do they have to choose.

thanks
rabbedrabit

Aldente
August 28th, 2016, 13:59
Jeremy Crawford indicated that the Keen Senses part was an error. He suggested that you can just choose to give up Skill Versatility for one of the "juicy" options. You can see the relevant tweet here: https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/664308174560690176

rabbedrabit
August 28th, 2016, 14:00
thanks

Aldente
August 28th, 2016, 14:03
BTW, I'd let players in my home game keep Keen Senses on top of one of those options. I don't think it's game breaking. If you play AL, you may want to punt the question to Brynnan on these forums.

Brynnan
August 29th, 2016, 06:45
What Jeremy said is that taking Keen Senses is superfluous; basically that it doesn't make a difference. I did confirm that the book has OR and the FG files have AND, and I will report that as a bug. It should be OR. You can give up Skill Versatility and take Keen Senses (Don't do it.) OR One of the racial traits listed. Until they fix it, I would just take one of the subraces and then remove Keen Sense.

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2016, 10:55
Indeed, the module author could not understand why you would give up Skill Versatility so assumed that the correct phrasing should be AND. However he did correct the FG text after the twitter thing and the current version (v3.2) has the correct text. And it still doesn't make sense why anyone would give up Skill Versatility for any of the "Juicy" alternatives.

Brynnan
August 29th, 2016, 18:56
When will this "Current Version" be out? I'm on FG 3.1.7 and I just tried to update. Or do you mean SCAG 3.2? Which I don't know how to see the mod version numbers, but again, I just tried to update and didn't get a new version. The current distributing version still has the error.

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2016, 21:30
No, I mean v3.2 of Fantasy Grounds. It contains substantial improvements and functionality to the client and all of the corrections/erata etc for PHB, DMG, MM and all other modules will be included in the update. No time frame at the moment.

Details here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32034-Test-Release-v3-2-0)

rabbedrabit
August 31st, 2016, 18:03
i agree it isnt game breaking and in a home campain i wouldnt even mention it but adventure league is kinda rules lawery so i wanted to make sure.]
players can download there fantasy grounds characters to a pdf and use them in a FLGS game and it would be brought up that they have to many skills there.

Aldente
August 31st, 2016, 18:07
i agree it isnt game breaking and in a home campain i wouldnt even mention it but adventure league is kinda rules lawery so i wanted to make sure.]
players can download there fantasy grounds characters to a pdf and use them in a FLGS game and it would be brought up that they have to many skills there.

Agreed!